Anyone used the Fluctus?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to add that the "same" eggtimer solution costs around 160USD but has far fewer features and capabilities.
Split the tracker and altimeter apart, and provide a mobile experience/wifi/bluetooth switch I'll be interested. Frankly I'm more interested in your tracking, than I would be the altimeter.

Just got mine and I'll be doing a sort of quick start guide/overview video for the Wildman YouTube channel.

Looks great so far and I'm excited to fly it. The inclusion of the base station and software for the price point is pretty hard to argue with. I do agree, though, that mobile support would really seal the deal.
Split the tracker and altimeter apart, and provide a mobile experience/wifi/bluetooth switch I'll be interested. Frankly I'm more interested in your tracking, than I would be the altimeter.
There are plenty of GPS solutions that don't have altimeter functions. The whole point of the integration is to minimize the necessary space in eliminating a secondary component. For rockets with a small amount of electronics bay space, it's a phenomenal thing.

There are plenty of GPS solutions that don't have altimeter functions. The whole point of the integration is to minimize the necessary space in eliminating a secondary component. For rockets with a small amount of electronics bay space, it's a phenomenal thing.

Sure, absolutely. Probably not the primary use case, but certainly.

That's a great video. I really hope they add the units to the value column, otherwise we're going to get a lot of Mars Climate Orbiter impressions.

Just a little bump, here! I made a video for the Wildman channel showing the basic setup and programming for the Fluctus!

Thanks for this nice video !

That's a great video. I really hope they add the units to the value column, otherwise we're going to get a lot of Mars Climate Orbiter impressions.
You're right, I will add that in the next update. Thank you for the feedback.

I would also like to announce that, based on recent comments, a Fluctus mobile application (for Android and iOS) is currently under development.
Although it will not be a complete port of the full PC software, it will provide a genuine solution for people who don't want to mess with a computer just for in-flight telemetry.

I would also like to announce that, based on recent comments, a Fluctus mobile application (for Android and iOS) is currently under development.
Although it will not be a complete port of the full PC software, it will provide a genuine solution for people who don't want to mess with a computer just for in-flight telemetry.

Thats certainly fair and reasonable!

@Ulyu is there any chance the Fluctus could send telemetry data on the output pins?
I'd love to do a project like the VOC that @Finicky did, but I'm garbage at electronics. Generating the telemetry data like the roll rate and angle is probably the most difficult part in my view, so being able to just capture it from another device would greatly simplify the project.

@Ulyu is there any chance the Fluctus could send telemetry data on the output pins?
I'd love to do a project like the VOC that @Finicky did, but I'm garbage at electronics. Generating the telemetry data like the roll rate and angle is probably the most difficult part in my view, so being able to just capture it from another device would greatly simplify the project.

Hi, yes it's entirely possible to implement that feature.

I think the most convenient way would be for one of the output pins to repeatedly output an ASCII character string containing a whole set of flight data.
And protocol-wise, the most obvious solution would be a simple uart rs232 communication, so that it can communicate with virtually anything that has a microcontroller (like an Arduino).
What do you think about it ?

Hi, yes it's entirely possible to implement that feature.

I think the most convenient way would be for one of the output pins to repeatedly output an ASCII character string containing a whole set of flight data.
And protocol-wise, the most obvious solution would be a simple uart rs232 communication, so that it can communicate with virtually anything that has a microcontroller (like an Arduino).
What do you think about it ?
As I said, I'm garbage at electronics, but that all sounds reasonable. As long as the string is well defined it should be easy to read the values I would need.

Hey, I am the developper of this flight computer.
For context, its name "Fluctus" actually comes from the Latin translation of "wave" (as one of its key features is its radio waves communication). 🙂
OK, but tell me about its terrior, please? 😂 (Sorry - ignorant American humor, there.)
(BTW, I did purchase one, but have not yet used it, so no 'experience' from me, as of today. I am certainly, and obviously, intrigued, so come on, fair rocketry weather!)

A mobile app would be great to make arming the computer and tracking easier without a laptop. I hope the development goes well. Sometimes my prep area is far away from the launch line and carrying a laptop around without a table to the launch area if not practical.

Has anyone been running the FCC and the Steady on a Windows tablet or even something portable with Windows compatibility like a Steam Deck?

A mobile app would be great to make arming the computer and tracking easier without a laptop. I hope the development goes well. Sometimes my prep area is far away from the launch line and carrying a laptop around without a table to the launch area if not practical.

Has anyone been running the FCC and the Steady on a Windows tablet or even something portable with Windows compatibility like a Steam Deck?

if you're still interested, I have just posted some news about this app in another thread:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/the-fluctus-flight-computer.184192/post-2573655

Back