Anyone have any random nerdy facts?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
Rocketry related or not, post random facts that you don't think many other people know.

I'll start:

Birds are not effected by spicy peppers. They can eat as many Carolina reapers as they want with no reaction!

{\displaystyle e^{i\pi }+1=0}

Battery sizes for coin type Lithium.
CR2030 for example. Coin Round. (coin shaped and round)..... Last 2 digits are thickness in 0.1mm increments. Leading digits are diameter in mm.
so Coin Round 20mm dia 3.0mm thick.
SR is Silver chemistry Round. Same but 1.55V usually for watches or old cameras..... SR726 would be 7mm 2.6mm thick silver chemistry.
The LR44 would be an exception...... Commonly used for electronic digital verniers.
So now you just have to buy a LR44, put it in your verniers and measure the battery in your watch with some weird number on it and search on Ebay for SR(Dia)(Thickness to 2 sig digits and multiply X10) if it's a small one or CR if it's a big one Lithium.....Simple....

Last edited:
Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, but not on Earth due to its light weight, which allows the gas to just float off into space.
According to Bing.

BTW, there are only about 10^81 electrons in the universe. Don't waste them!

(Well, the observable universe, anyway, and some people have estimated 10^80. Maybe their vision is less than 20-20. ;-)

Here is something real nerdy.....
The original F18 Flight Control Computer Software was developed using Terminets, Paper Tape Readers, and Core Memories

The constellations of the northern sky were named by the ancient Greeks in antiquity, and are thus mostly named after Greek mythological figures.

The constellations of the southern sky were named by renaissance-era seafarers who were seeing the southern sky for the first time, so a bunch of the constellations are named for navigational and scientific instruments, along with an altar and a cross.

Latest posts

Back