Another Pointless Poll

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your pet preference?

• Total voters
I enjoy all animals. I've had many species of pets. Didn't eat any of them.

I like other people's pets, because they pay the vet bills. Which are huge these days.

Done a lot of dog and cat sitting. They both seem to like me. And I enjoy them too.

That said, there's no place for feral cats. They are just urban terrorists. They kill all the birds. I'd like to eliminate all of them, and the demented fools that feed them. Their hearts are just misplaced.
Feral cats are a problem. I volunteer with a cat rescue. They trap the feral cats and have them fixed. Then they are released where they were trapped. They pay for an owned cat to be fixed at no charge to the owner. But there is over abundance of people who let their unfixed cat run outside. The shelters are always full. Any feral cats out in the desert where we live will usually have a short life span. The coyotes get them. And small dogs too. Most of the feral cats that they trap are somewhere in town. And that's spread out too. The whole problem with run away breeding is because of people. Some people are heartless or just don't care.

Maybe it would make more sense if I told you that my dogs have been attacked by feral cats and one even attempted to attack my older daughter when she was very small. Thankfully the dog was on hand to defend her.

A little of column A, a little of column B. Irresponsible cat owners are part of the problem, the independent-minded nature of cats and the things they do when left alone is the other.

I get that some people like cats, and that's fine for those people as long as they keep their cats on their property. Almost all my experiences with cats have been extremely negative.
Ok, you don't like feral cats. What about domestic cats. I haven't heard of feral cats attacking people. But coyotes do.

Maybe it would make more sense if I told you that my dogs have been attacked by feral cats and one even attempted to attack my older daughter when she was very small. Thankfully the dog was on hand to defend her.
Where were you? Or your wife?

Ps herring that I don’t blame you for not liking cats!

Feral cats are a problem. I volunteer with a cat rescue. They trap the feral cats and have them fixed. Then they are released where they were trapped.
A family member learned practiced cat surgery in vet school through a similar program. She said they had a few medic students join them to practice intubation on the feral cats too. It makes sense to me, but they don't let us do that any more. The stakes with a feral cat are certainly lower.

One of our dogs is soo smart, she has her own e-mail address & has hosted 'Zoom' meetings.

seriously!

She is a child certified therapy dog, and participates in a local 'reading to dogs' program for primary grade school kids at the local library. (kids get to read to a dog, rather than a person,.. dogs are not judgmental / won't criticize, so the kids are more relaxed..)

So, during Covid, the library gave 'her' a tablet, and an e-mail address to log onto Zoom meetings, where the kids can then read to a dog.. Albeit 'online'. (The wife had to hide a cookie behind the tablet, so the dog paid attention!!)

Back