AMW/PRO X 54mm motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossfire

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone have a drawing or picture of how the 54mm AMW/PRO X compatible CTI reloads are assembled?

Thanks

Its pretty cut and dry. Grains go in liner,orings on closures. Theres orings for the nozzle adapter(sold separately). Button up with snaprings. Do you really need instructions? Plus, they should be in the reload kit. Not trying to be a smart ass. I have a few of these, I can take a pic of the instructions if you want.

See attached generic instructions attached from AMW.
Most of them require the AMW nozzle holder. A few require an AMW style graphite nozzle.
They are the easiest of all the snap ring loads to build, IMHO.
AMW/ProX has some left but not a lot out there but they are priced lower than comparable AT/CTI loads/
AMW/PoX has the 54mm nozzle holder.

Attachments

• AMW_Compatible-Mtr-Instr_54_2550.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
Because vendors are not stocking them . CTI put out a memo last year stating the same. AMW PROX is about the best go to for what you need. They even have a couple 54mm Scaled Tiger loads still.
Maybe with the troubles some are having with CTI forward closure failures AMW iis the way to go.

If someone wanted to try out "snap ring" style hardware in the 38mm/54mm range, would Loki Research be a better choice than trying to figure out which CTI reloads work with AMW-ProX hardware?

There seems to be a lot of confusion about AMW-ProX hardware and reloads.

The Loki Research web site looks to be up to date and has clear information on which reloads fit their hardware.

There is very little info on the AMW-ProX web site about their hardware.

I am not knocking AMW. I love to see them at events. I have purchased CTI hardware and reloads from them in Argonia. They are great to work with.

Are there other snap-ring hardware manufacturers to look at?

OK, here it is. CTI make loads for snap ring hardware 54/1050 thru 2550. Most of them use a disposable nozzle. All you need is a nozzle carrier and forward bulkhead and a few washers plus the case. They also make loads for the 75/6000 and 7600
All these loads are sold as cti/animal compatible. Every CTI PRO 75 load can be used in the corresponding snap ring case with a nozzle carrier and the amw hubcap adapter. The hubcap is sold by CTI as a set with the adapter and nozzle carrier. I hope this helps.

These and the Kosdon by Aerotech loads were the most economical motors to fly. (Hint Gary please bring them back out)

If someone wanted to try out "snap ring" style hardware in the 38mm/54mm range, would Loki Research be a better choice than trying to figure out which CTI reloads work with AMW-ProX hardware?

There seems to be a lot of confusion about AMW-ProX hardware and reloads.

The Loki Research web site looks to be up to date and has clear information on which reloads fit their hardware.

There is very little info on the AMW-ProX web site about their hardware.

I am not knocking AMW. I love to see them at events. I have purchased CTI hardware and reloads from them in Argonia. They are great to work with.

Are there other snap-ring hardware manufacturers to look at?

No confusion. They are plainly marked as to what load fits what case. They are not marked per grain count like the pro54 but 54/1050,1440,1750and 2550.

Back