All Time Favorite Road Song

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one of the albums that was always in the cassette player at some point on a road trip. Bet nobody else here has even heard it :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Cody_and_His_Lost_Planet_Airmen_(album)

Ah, Commander Cody. It wasn't in my collection of records/tapes, but anybody that indulged in Frank Zappa AND Grateful Dead probably did. In my neck o-de-woods, all Dead Heads loved Zappa, and C Cody rounded off the listening pleasure for these latter day hippies.

Ah, Commander Cody. It wasn't in my collection of records/tapes, but anybody that indulged in Frank Zappa AND Grateful Dead probably did. In my neck o-de-woods, all Dead Heads loved Zappa, and C Cody rounded off the listening pleasure for these latter day hippies.

Many people are familiar with a some of the Ol' Commander's work but that one seems to be more obscure. Live Deep from the hear of Texas is one of my top ten favorities of all times.

Distill the list down to one song, it has to be Green Grass and High Tides by the Outlaws. 9:47 of "in the zone" in my book. Runners-up list is lengthy...

Back