Your all-time favorite songs? (Maximum of 10)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An impossible question! But according to my iTunes, these are the 10 songs with the most plays:

The Beatles, Blackbird
Glenn Miller, A String of Pearls
Yes, I've Seen All Good People
Gabriel Faure, Agnus Dei from his requiem
Send in the Clowns, as recorded by Sarah Vaughn and the Count Basie orch.
Don Ellis, Strawberry Soup
Debussy, Claire de lune, from the Ocean's 11 soundtrack
Hammerstein/Kern, All the Things You Are, as recorded by Joe Pass
Chopin, Nocturne no. 8 in Db, played by Ivan Moravec
The Beatles, Here Comes the Sun

Don't Follow - Alice in Chains
Bad Fish - Sublime
Seek and Destroy - Metallica
Great White Buffalo - Ted Nugent
Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
Last Child - Aerosmith
Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
46 & 2 - Tool
Story of My Life - Social Distortion

These are just 10 off the top of my head. Quick and dirty list for sure but these would make it to the island!

These are the first 10 on my Road Mix:

Don't Take Me Alive - Steely Dan
Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas
Money - Pink Floyd
Rough Boy - ZZ Top
Witchy Woman - Eagles
Crazy On You - Heart
All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Born On The Bayou - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
My Head's In Mississippi - ZZ Top

Is it too late to add Tennessee Whisky by Chris Stapleton? If you listen to the version by George Jones it makes Stapleton seem like a genius for adding a blues twist to it.

An impossible question! But according to my iTunes, these are the 10 songs with the most plays:

The Beatles, Blackbird
Glenn Miller, A String of Pearls
Yes, I've Seen All Good People
Gabriel Faure, Agnus Dei from his requiem
Send in the Clowns, as recorded by Sarah Vaughn and the Count Basie orch.
Don Ellis, Strawberry Soup
Debussy, Claire de lune, from the Ocean's 11 soundtrack
Hammerstein/Kern, All the Things You Are, as recorded by Joe Pass
Chopin, Nocturne no. 8 in Db, played by Ivan Moravec
The Beatles, Here Comes the Sun
What a great selection of fantastic melodies.:clapping:

My tastes in music change constantly. Right now I listen to a lot of Ava Max on Youtube.

A few of mine...

Jefferson Airplane: White Rabbit
Chopin - almost anything
Hey Bo Diddley
Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
Rush - 2112
Led Zep - Over the Hills and Far Away
Herbie Hancock - anything from Headhunters etc.
Bach (?) - Toccata and Fugue in D minor. Authorship is actually a great mystery.

I will just list one: Dark Star - Grateful Dead

ok, a few others; Cypress Avenue - Van Morrison, The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys - Traffic, Since I’ve Been Loving You - Led Zepelin, Them Changes - Buddy Miles, Sweet Virginia - Rolling Stones, The End - Doors, The Same Thing - Willie Dixon, You Don’t Love Me - Allman Brothers.

SRV- tightrope
Metallica- master of puppets
Ozzy- mr crowley
Rush- Spirit of the radio. although all 3 in the band were/are phenominal, neals drumming on this is insane.
The Stones-Sympathy For The Devil
Kid Rock-American Badass
Scritti Politti- perfect way

Eva Cassidy - Over The Rainbow
19,180,785 views (and deserves it)

Mick Fleetwood talking about Eva Cassidy

Eva Cassidy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Cassidy
Eva Marie Cassidy (February 2, 1963 – November 2, 1996) was an American singer and guitarist known for her interpretations of jazz, folk, and blues music, born with a powerful, emotive soprano voice... She died of melanoma in 1996 at the age of 33.

Two years after her death, Cassidy's music was brought to the attention of British audiences, when her versions of "Fields of Gold" and "Over the Rainbow" were played by Mike Harding and Terry Wogan on BBC Radio 2.
Following the overwhelming response, a camcorder recording of "Over the Rainbow", taken at Blues Alley in Washington by her friend Bryan McCulley, was shown on BBC Two's Top of the Pops 2. [the video above, beautifully done and perfectly recorded - W] Shortly afterwards, the compilation album Songbird climbed to the top of the UK Albums Chart, almost three years after its initial release. The chart success in the United Kingdom and Ireland led to increased recognition worldwide. Her posthumously released recordings, including three number-one albums and one number-one single in the UK, have sold more than ten million copies. Her music has also charted within the top 10 in Australia, Germany, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.

Cassidy grew up in Oxon Hill, Maryland, and later Bowie, Maryland. She was the third of four children. Her father, Hugh Cassidy, is a teacher, sculptor, musician, former army medic, and world champion powerlifter of Irish and Scottish descent, while her mother, Barbara (née Kratzer), is a German horticulturist from Bad Kreuznach.

Last edited:
I went with ten of favorite songs in no particular order from my favorite artist Lindsey Stirling. I've seen her live 12 times and have met her 10 times.

Electric Daisy Violin - Lindsey Stirling

Shadows - Lindsey Stirling

Stars Align - Lindsey Stirling

Mirror Haus - Lindsey Stirling

Roundtable Rival - Lindsey Stirling

Master of Tides - Lindsey Stirling

Prism - Lindsey Stirling

Love’s Just a Feeling - Lindsey Stirling (feat. Rooty)

Darkside - Lindsey Stirling

The Upside - Lindsey Stirling (feat. Elle King)

It took me forever to cull this list down to ten.... To say my music tastes are eclectic is an understatement.
I picked favorites from various genres

Pink Floyd: Money - Dark Side of the Moon (Side-2, Track-1) First vinyl LP (and first music) I ever heard in stereo. circa 75'.
Also, first band I ever saw in concert - Chicago "Super Bowl of Rock Series"@ Soldier's Field - Father's Day 77'

This is my favorite pressing of DSOTM - Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab – MFSL 1-017

R-10960799-1507394300-5503.jpeg.jpg

Johann Sebastian Bach: Toccata & Fugue in D Minor - Virgil Fox / The Fox Touch Volume One: (Direct To Disc) - Crystal Clear Records – CCS-7001 (1977)

51NsNs5361L._AC_.jpg

Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture - Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, Erich Kunzel conducting - Telarc Digital DG-10041 (1979)

6661812.promo_.jpg

Sorry but the next listing is a tie
Lindsey Stirling: Elements

Lindsey Sterling & Pentatonix: Radioactive (Imagine Dragons cover)

Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays: As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls - ECM Records (1981)

MI0001949411.jpg

Skillet: Open Wounds (Bonus Track) - Collide (2004 Lava reissue)

Collide_%28album%29.jpg

Linkin Park: The Catalyst - A Thousand Suns - Warner Bros. & Machine Shop (2010)
"The Catalyst" has also been featured in the trailer of the video game Medal of Honor

A_Thousand_Suns_Cover2.jpg

Skrillex: Ragga Bomb (Ft. Ragga Twins)

Led Zeppelin: Kashmir - Physical Graffiti - Swan Song (1975)

led-zeppelin-physical-graffiti-1975.jpg

Tangerine Dream: Force Majeure - Force Majeure - Virgin Records (1979)

3c59de74634a66776421619ecf307593_395.jpg

Back