Aldi has a BIG sturdy Model and HPR capable Launch Pad for $30!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought this launch stand and found it to be a good deal and fairly substantial. It cost me $24.95, is made in Germany according to a representative at warranty registration, and holds my 10 mm aluminum extrusion rail fairly steady and securely. The stand is metal and is joined together with plastic fittings. The Waukegan store had about eight of them remaining. The Mundelein store is due to receive a shipment at the end of June. This stand has not been reviewed or approved by Tripoli or NAR as a rocket launch pad to my knowledge.

Has anyone using one of these with extruded rails done a mod/adapter to rotate the rail 45 degrees?

For straight up, it doesn't matter, but for angled launches, having the rail on the diamond, as it were, hangs the rocket in a way that torques the rail guides.

I have an idea, and a printer. I was wondering if anyone else had a solution.

NAR & Tripoli do not "reviewe or approve" launch gear.

Has anyone using one of these with extruded rails done a mod/adapter to rotate the rail 45 degrees?

For straight up, it doesn't matter, but for angled launches, having the rail on the diamond, as it were, hangs the rocket in a way that torques the rail guides.

I have an idea, and a printer. I was wondering if anyone else had a solution.

I clamp a 1" rail to my Aldi pad. See video:

As have I - those grips are perfectly sized for 1” rail.

But look at my upscale Tercel- it sits with a 45 degree roll.
IMG_0729.jpg

If you lay the rail down to put at nice size MPR rocket on it, the corner is up, rather than the flats. So the weight of the rocket puts a twist on the guides, at least until you get it vertical.
IMG_1069.jpg

This is my thought on a grip adapter.
IMG_1082.jpg

Back