Aerotech responds to Jethitch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, you don't need a delay tool. Any drill bit will do the job, and is supported by both manufacturers. 1/32 " = 1 second. Doing the math is easy. This works with both reloads and single use.

3140pVrPt7L._SX300_.jpg

jemyqyta.jpg

IMAG0371_zpsb5c5948c-1_zpsef28f2cf.jpg

Well I hope calmer heads will take over here, some of you are making a way bigger deal out of this than needs to be.

TA

I am a little disappointed both in Aerotech AND in the instant "hang-em" response of a number of TRF members in the threads.

Any reasonable person would give Aerotech a little time to explain, process feedback and a chance to make things right before shouting boycott and condemning them.

While the whole Jethitch idea is quite ill-advised, let's not kick Aerotech to the curb so fast.

I am a little disappointed both in Aerotech AND in the instant "hang-em" response of a number of TRF members in the threads.

Any reasonable person would give Aerotech a little time to explain, process feedback and a chance to make things right before shouting boycott and condemning them.

While the whole Jethitch idea is quite ill-advised, let's not kick Aerotech to the curb so fast.

I disagree. I think the response by TRF subscribers is what made AeroTech come to there senses.

I disagree. I think the response by TRF subscribers is what made AeroTech come to there senses.

Do you think Aerotech's response was due to the posts that wanted to instantly hang them and boycott them, or was it due to the more reasonable posts that expressed detailed objections to the Jethitch in a rational and collected manner?

Personally, I think the second approach gets a lot more done than the first.

I think the whole idea of people who actually fought and won their freedom from Gov. oppression would understand that that freedom is the reason we are able to pursue our hobbies in general. Freedom doesn't come from making law nor is it handed to you by way of government decree. It is taken by the people and preserved by the willingness to fight and protect it. I was in the heart of the whole ATF debacle looking to get certified and moving to on of the greatest places to fly on earth. I remember it well. I didn't honestly think we could win at times and I refused to start bowing to demands for LEUPs etc.
I now see a bunch of scared people running around trying to protect their own little niche and could careless about the freedom aspect of the right to pursue life liberty and happiness. I support Aerotech in their decision to due business in any lawful manner they see fit. If they choose to expand the use of their propellant into other venues it would seem a prudent business decision which may result in cheaper rates for everyone. They have made great steps in bringing new people into rocketry over the years and making it easier to fly and have more successful flights. While I like Cessaroni stuff and they are supporters of the hobby as well they didn't even have 24mm 29mm until a few years ago. Aerotech was the way with smaller entry level supplies at reasonable prices. They were the sole supplier for most of us and they did a good job of it.
I can say with full conviction having known Gary and Karl for over a decade, having had them as guests in my home they are responsible, dedicated and honest guys who want to have nothing but positive influence on the hobby. I support them and I support Aerotech.

I personally don't have a problem with Aerotech getting into pyrotechnics. Also, anyone who thinks model rocketry can't be abused with "Hey, hold my beer a sec..." moments...just bring up Rocket City Rednecks around here and watch the sparks fly.

Now, the Jethitch website did seem a little ill conceived and in my opinion, did look like it promoted that kind of behavior. However, the concept itself of a model rocketry motor company being able to offer pyrotechnics is not a bad one. It just should be made clear that the streams are not meant to be crossed.

As far as reactions...yea, people tend to freak out around here. Surprising, considering that the median age on this forum is old enough to know not to take things at pure face value.

FC

Back