A4 from Big Daddy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawcustom

Reaction score
Thought I would post a Big Daddy conversion to an A4 (V2). Total of 2 flights before it lived up to it's intended idea of artillery. Used E12-8 motors, which I believe was my downfall as there was too much delay on a flight gone wrong.

I suspect my el-cheapo launch pad was the culprit so I will be fabricating up a new one this week for my latest E powered rocket, the SA-2061 Sasha.

Although the bigger motors are fun, they sure are expensive, especially when the rocket is destroyed with them!

Attachments

• A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • V2 Kaput.jpg
    V2 Kaput.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Should buff out, no problem.....
Or you could cut the motor mount and fins off, get a new tube and rebuild.
I suppose that may be possible. I haven't even taken the nose cone out yet. A brief search seems like the big daddy body tube is not a standard size? And Estes is sold out on the coupler I would need. I guess I'll have to pull it apart and take a look if it's a complete lost cause or not.

I need to weld up my launch pad idea first so at least that variable is addressed.

I suppose that may be possible. I haven't even taken the nose cone out yet. A brief search seems like the big daddy body tube is not a standard size? And Estes is sold out on the coupler I would need.
Estes 3" tubing is 3" OD as opposed to 3" ID like hogh power tube. Balsa Machining Service sells both the 3" OD tubing and matching coupler stock in 34" lengths for a reasonable price. The coupler is also available in shorter lengths.

Estes 3" tubing is 3" OD as opposed to 3" ID like hogh power tube. Balsa Machining Service sells both the 3" OD tubing and matching coupler stock in 34" lengths for a reasonable price. The coupler is also available in shorter lengths.
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

And your username automatically makes me think of SNL and Bad Idea jeans.

Latest posts

Back