A term that you cannot stand:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you start your argument by saying, "I feel that..." or something similar, I am not likely to take you seriously.
Sad. You're missing 80% of human communication.

Even worse is the use of "I feel like" blah blah blah. No you don't feel out anything, you make a cognitive reasoning. Facts and deductions are not emotional.

You are delusional if you think all humans are in their deliberate, conscious mind at all times.

Many studies demonstrate that people generally make decisions emotionally and then rationalize it afterwards

We live in our type 1 default minds.

@cwbullet and some medical people will get this one.

Diagnosis of Exclusion.

Most doctors use the term wrong. Correct use is that you have to rule everything ELSE out before you consider it. Many docs get it backward, and use it as THE diagnosis until proven otherwise.

Got more buzz words for you all:
Value prop
Adjacency
Inject
Headwinds
Tailwinds
Connective Tissue

Sometimes I wonder how I became a corporate dick-bag.
I feel like we’re no longer adding value to this discussion. Let’s take it offline where we can discuss how best to deliver integrated solutions to meet the needs of our customers.

I feel like we’re no longer adding value to this discussion. Let’s take it offline where we can discuss how best to deliver integrated solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
Thanks for the valuable feedback SecondRow! Best to circle back after we have re-aligned the appropriate resources and added the feature request to the next sprint. :headspinning:

LOL

Beginning a comment/statement with “I won’t lie” as in “I won’t lie, I really like that color on you”.

Does that mean that when the qualifier isn’t proffered that I should assume that the person is lying?

Yeah that one needs a bit of context in order to ring true, but its the second time I have heard it in rather important meetings. :)
I probably should have kept it to myself. At a recent launch, several millennials, referred to a member as a "boomer" and this club member is a gen-x-er. I would never use the term millennial negatively but they did with Boomer and they are clearly wrong.

I probably should have kept it to myself. At a recent launch, several millennials, referred to a member as a "boomer" and this club member is a gen-x-er. I would never use the term millennial negatively but they did with Boomer and they are clearly wrong.
I honestly don't know which generational label correlates to what years, but I find that whole classification system tiresome, irrelevant, and overly generalizing by media and other whiners. Everyone is either my age, or if they're older, they are just older. If they are younger, they are snowflakes. 😂😂😂

Sorry, that was probably mean of me to say. Here's your lolipop:🍭

Last edited:
Igniters. Or any other explosives term uttered at a launch where an undercover federal agent might be listening to initiate scary regulatory action. Can never be to cautious or paranoid. STARTERS people! ;)
Starters- they've been igniters forever, besides who do you think we're going to fool?

Screenshot (18).png

Pronunciation: ex-specially, ex cetera, supposably

Written: tryna, prolly

Corporate buzzwords:
"the ask"
"desirement"
"intentionality"
"low-hanging fruit"

Rocketry jargon:
"We have an event."
"the laundry"
"arch-ing over"
"This is a heads-up flight, everybody on your feet." If an LCO has to warn people that they need to be prepared to run, something is very wrong.
"Welcome to High Power, get out your wallet!" How novel and witty.

Any post that looks like this: "For BF I got a RW MD CF MG 54, gonna set it up for DD with HED using a JLCR."

I swear I'm more fun at parties than I sound.

Rocketry jargon:
"We have an event." What else would you like to call it?, a flight is a series of events and as long as they occur in the proper order all is good.
"the laundry" Meh, but I see your point.
"arch-ing over" Arching yes, Arcing is the correct term as it is whats actually occurring.
"This is a heads-up flight, everybody on your feet." If an LCO has to warn people that they need to be prepared to run, something is very wrong. Disagree, everyone SHOULD be watching flights as they happen, however a HEADS UP Flight is a call for a special reason (Cluster, First Flight of an unproven design/configuration, etc) and as such should be brought to everyone's attention.
"Welcome to High Power, get out your wallet!" How novel and witty. Sort of agree, its only amusing once in a while, though I have said it myself.
My thoughts in green print above.

Rocketry jargon:
"We have an event."
I have a friend who was LCO at a (very) low power event with grade school age kids. But they had club provided launch equipment.

One kid's Alpha stuck on the launch rod. It's amazing how long it takes for a B6 to burn if you are staring at it from close distance. He patiently waited, when the chute finally popped, he declared "And we have an event". I just about peed my pants laughing.

Hans.

Connective Tissue
Yeah that one needs a bit of context in order to ring true, but its the second time I have heard it in rather important meetings. :)

That is definitely one I haven't heard outside of its proper use. I've only used it to describe wounds I see when giving a report to the ED doc.

Lately, our administration has been calling all of our crews "assets" and it has been driving me crazy. Our vehicles and equipments are assets. Our crews or teams are people performing a job which requires a human touch. I'm sure it is intentional with modern management techniquest, using dehumanizing language makes you feel expendable.

When I'm watching a golf tournament and every time someone hits a ball the one person that yells "in the hole"

Back