Question about tube pricing.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccoen

Reaction score
Hey, so a few weeks back I bought a couple of tubes for a future cert project but I have now decided to go a different route for it so I was wondering if anyone here could tell me what I could sell these two tubes I have for? One is a 60.5” 75mm S2 glass tube with high temp and a 32" 54mm carbon tube. I am not really familiar with the cost of these tubes individually is, the guy I bought them from just said it was a good deal so I trusted him.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

Attachments

• IMG_6090.jpg
    IMG_6090.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Unsanded? Will readily available couplers and nosecones fit them?
I believe they are unsanded, I sure haven't sanded them and I think the last guy made them to sell. The dimensions of the CF tube is 54.68mm id x 58.68mm od and the FG tube is 76.3mm id x 79.5mm od. My calipers are not the best so that decimal could be off slightly. From what I know they should fit the readily available stuff.

I think his user is Sin REK or something similar, I am not sure of his actual name but yes he's from Texas.
That's him.
To answer you original post...
How much did you pay for them? Figure out how much your willing "take' for them..who pays shipping. Then in your add tell what the tubes are mention that they are from REK Alexander Solis here on the Rocketry forum. (REK does/did have a following of people who bought his tubes.)

Tony

That's him.
To answer you original post...
How much did you pay for them? Figure out how much your willing "take' for them..who pays shipping. Then in your add tell what the tubes are mention that they are from REK Alexander Solis here on the Rocketry forum. (REK does/did have a following of people who bought his tubes.)

Tony
Ok awesome thanks. I paid like $150 plus shipping but I wasn't sure if that was too much to ask for when selling them. I'll probably make a post on the yard sale later today when I get a bit of time.

I think his user is Sin REK or something similar, I am not sure of his actual name but yes he's from Texas.

I paid Alex $50 for a 60” x 75mm FWFG tube, sanded smooth. I think it was the last FG tube he sold, and I feel like I got it very cheap. I think he needed a quick sale, and I didn’t waste any time jumping on that deal. After mine, he only listed carbon tubes for sale.
I also got a 24” x 29mm carbon tube at a great price from him.
Both are great quality and are standard ID’s, with typical OD’s.

His unsanded (appeared glossy with texture) sold more slowly, and he charged more for sanded tubes.

Search in the yard sale forum with REK in the “member” field and you should find good references for the carbon tube pricing.

I paid Alex $50 for a 60” x 75mm FWFG tube, sanded smooth. I think it was the last FG tube he sold, and I feel like I got it very cheap. I think he needed a quick sale, and I didn’t waste any time jumping on that deal. After mine, he only listed carbon tubes for sale.
I also got a 24” x 29mm carbon tube at a great price from him.
Both are great quality and are standard ID’s, with typical OD’s.

His unsanded (appeared glossy with texture) sold more slowly, and he charged more for sanded tubes.

Search in the yard sale forum with REK in the “member” field and you should find good references for the carbon tube pricing.
Good call on searching his name up, did it on here and on Discord (where I bought them from) and ended up finding the price he was selling them for individually before I bought them together so I'm just gonna list them for the same and see if anyone wants them.

Latest posts

Back