A Great TRF Dinner

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

Reaction score
OKTurbo was in town on business. Since he knew Sandman lived in the area he contacted him last week and they arranged to meet for dinner tonite. Since I live in the area too, Sandman invited me along as well.

Great dinner, great company.

Man there are some nice people on this forum!

And they like rockets too. :D

Originally posted by rstaff3
Cool, what was on the menu?
The food menu was Italian fare.

(Sandman and OKTurbo ordered exactly the same everything. Kind of spooky.) :eek:

The discussion menu was rockets, rockets, and more rockets. Amazining how similar so many of our experiences are. I'm really glad OK thought to ask Sandman to get together. I really had a great time.

Hey Gus!

Yes....good times indeed. Dinner was great. It was fun to "geek out" and talk rockets for a couple of hours.

If you're ever in Oklahoma, you'll have to look me up.....we'll go have some Okie Bar-B-Que.

:)

I've met with TRFers before. Back in the springtime during Buccaneers training camp, I was in Orlando and met up with brianc for lunch. The convenience was great 'cause he worked right near where I was for training camp.

Leo from Germany visits Florida annually. We've always met up whenever he's in town. Alas, this year will be the last since his Florida family is moving away, but it was great fun while it lasted.

I've had the opportunity to visit with the North Carolina TRFers (Phil, Mark, Ken Parker) on more than one occasion. My brother happens to live in their town. You'd better believe that whenever I'm going to be in the area I drop them a line.

This evening, so long as things pan out, jetra2 and I will be meeting up with Greg Lane from SEARS/Alabama for dinner.

I've always said it - if you're in town and you'd like to meet up for dinner or a brief weekend rocket launch, feel free to drop me a line and we'll meet up!

I would have posted sooner but I stayed at my sister's last night (she is computerless!:( ) I just got home.

That was great fun!!:D

Back