Model Aerospace Company, LLC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Rocketeer

Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with them? I ordered a Super Eagle Quick-Kit and a couple packs of C6-3 engines back on the 2nd. The comapny is located in Arizona and I am in Missouri so I figured shipping would be about 3-5 business days with UPS ground.

So far I have not even received a confirmation e-mail that they have my order. I have e-mailed their customer service twice- asking for an update on the status of my order and recived no responses. I tried their 800# once and got an answering machine.

Since I have gotten no repsonses from them and my order is nowhere to be seen, how much longer do I wait before I start getting mean? I don't want to bring anybody down but I figured I would have at least received a confirmation e-mail or something by this point.

Originally posted by Lone Rocketeer
Has anyone had any dealings with them? I ordered a Super Eagle Quick-Kit and a couple packs of C6-3 engines back on the 2nd. The comapny is located in Arizona and I am in Missouri so I figured shipping would be about 3-5 business days with UPS ground.

So far I have not even received a confirmation e-mail that they have my order. I have e-mailed their customer service twice- asking for an update on the status of my order and recived no responses. I tried their 800# once and got an answering machine.

Since I have gotten no repsonses from them and my order is nowhere to be seen, how much longer do I wait before I start getting mean? I don't want to bring anybody down but I figured I would have at least received a confirmation e-mail or something by this point.

I believe that this is the retail arm of Quest Aerospace. They're slow, I'll grant you that, but give them a few days. When I ordered I wasn't in a big hurry, so I didn't notice the time so much.

Since you ordered motors, it won't be coming UPS ground but USPS ground which I've found is a little slower than UPS.

I've had orders with motors take up to 2 weeks to arrive but I expect that so it doesn't bother me.

You ordered motors.

That mucks up the system. Causes them to ship by the slowest non-trackable system (USPS).

It's a shame that they don't send an order confirmation though. That should be the first thing done in online order code.

OK.... I can see where the motors would slow down shipping. I can live with that. I still think it's fairly shoddy customer service not to send a confirmation e-mail or fail to acknowledge two e-mails sent to them. I will wait this out a bit longer, however.

OK.... I can see where the motors would slow down shipping. I can live with that. I still think it's fairly shoddy customer service not to send a confirmation e-mail or fail to acknowledge two e-mails sent to them. I will wait this out a bit longer, however.
You don't have a spam filter set on your e-mail account do you? I have mine set to go to a junk folder. Occasionally, mail from a company I do business with shows up in the folder. I review my junk folder daily and usually just empty it but sometimes legit mail is there.

Originally posted by BobH48
You don't have a spam filter set on your e-mail account do you? I have mine set to go to a junk folder. Occasionally, mail from a company I do business with shows up in the folder. I review my junk folder daily and usually just empty it but sometimes legit mail is there.

Yeah, I have a bulk mail folder but I always sift through it before I dump 'em

gah, Model Aerospace is soooo slow. their prices aren't that good either. they do not answer phones or emails. so they won't get an order from me (trying to get the new Quest "Force 5" and "Terrier-Orion).

My local hobby shops have most the Quest and Estes kits in stock so when I want a low kit I can just go to the local hobby store. :-D But if you want to order from good online vendors order either from Red Arrow Hobbies, Wildman Rocketry, Commonwealth, or Performance Hobbies. I've order from all four of those vendors and had great service.

Originally posted by cls
gah, Model Aerospace is soooo slow. their prices aren't that good either. they do not answer phones or emails. so they won't get an order from me (trying to get the new Quest "Force 5" and "Terrier-Orion).

I know they won't be getting another order from me.
I'm giving them until the end of this week. If I don't have a delivery or an e-mail response of some sort from them, I will start looking into taking it up in small claims court.

Depending on what you want there are lots of good vendors on this board. Look who posts regularily and use them,
BRS Hobbies
Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack
Dr Zooch(LPR scale only)
Countdown
Fliskits
Thrustline aerospace
These are good dealers along others i have failled to mention.
Cheers
fred

I'm giving them until the end of this week. If I don't have a delivery or an e-mail response of some sort from them, I will start looking into taking it up in small claims court.

Some places can be tough but check out places like us or for that matter any vendor on here and your sure to find kits in stock, or if they are out I know we get them back in 1-3 days so most orders unless a kit is out even at the distributor level go out in less than 4 days. We also send 3 confirmations (pending,proccessing,shipped) along with any others if there are delays or questions.

So in a nutshell look around, even send a couple e-mails to dealers and see who responds quickly and who doesnt.

I'm sure in time you to will compile a list of good vendors like most have,

Before you throw money into small claims court cases, you may want to think about the point that the internet has trade rules (from, I believe, the FTC) that allows online retailers and their customers certain rights. The seller has 30 days from the date of sale to either ship the merchandise, or contact you to state that it won't be shipped in those 30 days, and then give you the option of accepting the new shipping date or give you a refund.

My wife just ordered a Rainbow Art set from a TV commercial for my daughter. She could pay $10 extra for 4-5 days express delivery, or else get in line and wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. In that case, I have given them permission to take more than 30 days, so it is a decision I must accept. I can't go after them until 6 weeks has passed.

Al

Originally posted by Rocket Al
Before you throw money into small claims court cases, you may want to think about the point that the internet has trade rules (from, I believe, the FTC) that allows online retailers and their customers certain rights. The seller has 30 days from the date of sale to either ship the merchandise, or contact you to state that it won't be shipped in those 30 days, and then give you the option of accepting the new shipping date or give you a refund.

My wife just ordered a Rainbow Art set from a TV commercial for my daughter. She could pay $10 extra for 4-5 days express delivery, or else get in line and wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. In that case, I have given them permission to take more than 30 days, so it is a decision I must accept. I can't go after them until 6 weeks has passed.

Al

My complaint really isn't so much the slow delivery time for the items, it's the complete lack of response I have gotten from their company. If they were running any sort of ligitimate business at all, I would think they would send some sort of response to my e-mails. Admittedly, they have become increasingly more irrate but I think most anyone else would be as well.

Hell, even AC Supply responded to my e-mail when I questioned them about their $10 fee for orders under $50 and I didn't even order anything from them!

This is by far the worst service I have ever had from any internet company. It's not going to shy me away from all hobby vendors, however. I've gotten a whole pile of other stuff from a few other vendors and everything else arrived safe and sound.

It's funny though. This Super Eagle Quick Kit was the first thing I ordered and it's going to be the last thing to arrive. (If it arrives at all. :rolleyes: )

Didn't think about asking this. but did your credit card get charged yet? I had an incident recently (with a non rocket vemdor) who I had dealt with previously with quick service and rapid email response, etc. Made the order.... no confirmation in the usual timeframe, no email response, etc. Finally called after about a week, and found that they had a problem with their webhosting company, and he said that the web page was "broken"; that is was not functioning as it should for a day or so, so they missed/lost/never received a days worth of orders. It was never charged, but since it was a company credit card purchase, I never got that information.

Al

Gee Al, how do I get a job that lets me charge rocket kits on the company credit card?!???

Originally posted by Rocket Al
Didn't think about asking this. but did your credit card get charged yet?

Yup. I checked the card's charges online a few days ago.
I placed the order on the second and the charge was processed by my credit card on the 5th. That makes the order 2 weeks old today. Considering it's coming from less than 2 states away from me, I would think it should have been delivered by now. Like I said though, it's not thier slow delivery time that pissed me off it's their lack of response.

Well, I've sent 3 different e-mails and left two messages on their voicemail. Still no delivery and still no response from Model Aerospace Co. I finally got fed up and filed a dispute with my credit card company. They have reimbersed me for the charges made to my card and will be taking the matter up with Model Aoerospace.

I guess I'll be ordering my rockets from elsewhere from now on. :rolleyes:

Same here, placed an order some time ago. Nothing received, no reply to email asking for update.

You're MUCH better off ordering from the smaller vendors, as we make our reputations on quick deliveries, although motors will gum it up quite a bit.

That's why I don't sell them. I'm not really big enough yet (just got started) to go through that yet. Its just too much of a hastle for a new vendor to deal with, and it takes up alot of your time.

Right now, I don't carry Estes or Quest. Now, I'm not ruling that out in the future though. I carry some very nice kits though. I would definately recommend Semroc for the beginner. Semroc makes some awesome 1st and 2nd level kits. I buy them for my own personal fleet.

Bob

Originally posted by cls
Gee Al, how do I get a job that lets me charge rocket kits on the company credit card?!???

Actually, it was a non-rocketry vendor that I was dealing with (more or less) but the point was that sometimes there can be a problem with the webhosting company that can preclude the vendor itself from finding out that there is a problem unless it is brought to their attention. It was actually an order for 10 gallons of silicone for non rocket related projects, but boy is there ever the occasional urge to "accidentally" mix up a little too much...

Gosh Darn It!!! I made too much!! Thank goodness I just happen to have this nosecone glued to this board inside an inverted cup that would just be covered by this much silicone....

:D

Al

Quick update. My order arrived today. A note to appologize for the
delay was enclosed and a free rocket kit was enclosed to make up for
the delay.

Nice gesture, however I would have still prefered a response to my email instead.

I have placed two orders to this company in the last year. Neither of these orders have arrived, and numerous emails to the company remain unanswered.

Back