The worst actor .

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Being home and out of work to heal me body and going to be for awhile yet,figured Ild ask a "Q" each day.
This wil give me something to check in on here on TRF.
Yesterday was about "Milk"
Today I ask..Who in your view is the worst actor? Ill say "modern day" but any time period is good.
For me,without a doubt, it is "Keanu Reeves".

Last edited:
Barack Obama hands down

Anybody in any of the Scyfi channel giant monster movies.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Barack Obama hands down

Anybody in any of the Scyfi channel giant monster movies.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum
Come on, Urkel is pretty good! Might do a decent Obama too.

For me,without a doubt, it is "Keanu Reeves".

I totally agree. I tell my wife this over and over. In a Walk in the Clouds he should have had something in the form of emotion - I tell my wife he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag...

I enjoyed him in Bill and Ted until I realized he wasn't acting...

Whew! Too many choices!

Here is my list in no particular order (and no, I am not going to spend the time to verify spelling)

Robert Mitchum
Jan-Michael Vincent
Oprah Winfrey
Uma Thurman
Janeane Garafolo
Matt Le Blanc
Ben Stiller
Rob Schneider (Herp da Derp!)
Adam Goldberg
Jessica Alba

My pick (Keanu) was already take so I'll just say this: Hayden Christensen is awful...just awful all the way around. And then there's Fran Drescher... *ugh*

I'd like to point, however, out that being a bad actor doesn't mean they can't be entertaining. I actually like some of Keanu's performances...you just can't say it was good acting. Likewise, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jason Statham are horrible actors, too, but I love 95% of all their movies.

There are the obvious ones, Keanu, Arnold, etc. However, there is one critically acclaimed actor that I cannot stand that renders every movie he is in instantly unwatchable, Cuba Gooding Jr. His overacting makes me want to scream. I don't think I have ever seen him in a role in which he felt natural, like he actually was the character, I'm not sure he could play himself in a biographical movie and not be completely over the top.

How can you say Ben Stiller, have you seen Dodge Ball he isn't the greatest actor but he is far from any worst list. Hayden Christensen & Kristen Stewart are by far the worst actors on the planet. Keanu is bad but not the worst.

TA

I totally agree. I tell my wife this over and over. In a Walk in the Clouds he should have had something in the form of emotion - I tell my wife he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag...

I enjoyed him in Bill and Ted until I realized he wasn't acting...
ya,its like the guy is a zombie or something. Remember "Speed"....pathetic.

For me, the worst actor is Mark Wahlberg. Robert Mitchum on the list? Now that's just crazy.

Yes, definitely Wahlberg.

I knew I'd get some pushback about Mitchum. But he, like other former greats (such as Brando) should have quit much earlier in their careers. When I think of them now, all I can remember are their final roles: wooden, pathetic, lackluster parodies of themselves.

I also think there are a number of singers who should have quit long before they did - but their popularity carried them on much longer than their ability warranted, for example, Sinatra and Maria Callas.

(These are just my opinions, to which I am entitled).

ya,its like the guy is a zombie or something. Remember "Speed"....pathetic.

Keanu Reeves was in “Speed”?
I don’t remember that myself but that’s what he gets for being in the same movie as Sandra Bullock.

Not that Sandra hasn’t been in some profoundly awful movies; “The Proposal” comes readily enough to mind; though I wish it didn’t.

Now I had a friend who once said that Nicolas Cage was the worst actor who is trying so hard to be good.

Of course this was 15+ years ago; nowadays Cage has become the acting equivalent of a Amtrak wreck with an airliner crash tossed on top for good measure; the casualties being all those who paid good money to see any recent Nicolas Cage movies.

As for Keanu Reeves; Michael Rennie should rise from the grave reenergize the original Gort and go full on “War of the Worlds” on Reeves and any and all persons having anything to do with that GOD AWFUL !!! remake of “The Day the Earth Stood Still”.

And while we are at it; George Pal should go*#(!!*%&#(!*%^#^%*(^&^%***#@^%*((()$%@*^&$&$(& on any and all persons having anything whatsoever to do with that GOD AWFUL!!!!!! remake of “War of the Worlds”.

Rant button now in off position.

I'll put up a twofer - Stephen Seagal and Kristen Stewart.

Oh, and John Travolta for the bonus.

Last edited:
Mark McGrath in Sharknado 2 was pretty awful even by lowering my expectations for that movie. If you saw Godfather III then you know Sophia Copolla destroyed her fathers trilogy. Though I still think 1 and 2 are two of the best movies ever made.

Others include: David Caruso, Ashton Kutcher, Canoe Reeves (misspelled intentionally), and Terrance Howard.

Will Ferrell gets on my last nerve. Not sure just what it is, but I can't stand him.

I have to agree on Will Ferrell,Elf wasn't bad but all of his movies are very stupid.But mybe that's what he's aiming for.

You guys are forgetting Marjoe Gortner. I'm sure if you saw his face, you'll know who I mean. Absolutely, positively, the worst actor EVER.

Phil L.

maybe not the worst, but Dolph Lundgren certainly has to be in the running.

Will Ferrell gets on my last nerve. Not sure just what it is, but I can't stand him.

Thank you, I didn't have to say it. There is a youtube video '10 Worst Movies of All Time'. I said they all could have been Will Ferrel movies...boy, have I been catching flack for that ;D

I did tech work in community theatre for a number of years...a hysterical mix of really good and truly gawdawful performances. Hard to name names (or even remember them!) but i've seen performances that would make anyone mentioned above look like Oscar/Tony contenders.

Except football players. They could learn a thing or two about quality flopping from the NBA.

Back