What's up hobbies are they a good Business

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Whalen

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a Missile works RRC3 altimeter and it looks like What's up Hobbies out of Stockton California may have one . Are they a good business?

Thanks

Paul

I've only had limited dealings with Jack (the owner), but they've all been positive. The folks I know who deal with him on a regular basis having nothing but high praise.

-Kevin

I've never done mail order with Jack (What's Up Hobbies) but he comes to our local launches and he's awesome! VERY helpful and VERY knowledgeable. He responds to emails too. I try to give him business when I can. I recommend him.

If I could buy all things rocketry related from one source, it would be from What's Up Hobbies.
Highly recommended

Awesome business. If you have questions, email him. He answers emails fast.

As another Canadian ,I have dealt with Jack a good many times.He has always given me top notch service and has always been very helpful and his communication skills are #1

You`re good to go !

Paul T

Wait just a second! Nothing but thumbs ups?

Jack, is "Paul Whalen" (a new member) one your many alter egos?! :lol:

(Just kidding! As far as I know Jack doesn't even venture to the dark side of the Internet: forums!)

Last edited:
He's excellent. Replies to emails within the hour. Ive bought 2 polecat rockets from him. Fast shipper.

Must agree, great inventory, great prices and a great, great supporter at local launches of our sport!

+1 Highly recommend this vendor. Once Jack tracked down a new 40/120 hobby line case for me when I had stripped the threads on one but still had good closures. He called me personally to let me know he had it so I could pick it up at the next launch. I don't think he made much money on that, but he earned a customer for life.

Gotta join the love parade, Jack's a great guy and really knows how to take care of you. Don't know how may TRA L1/L2/L3's he's signed off on, but I'd bet that you'd go through all your fingers and toes several times over before you count count them all. A true asset to the hobby.

great guy and businessman. goes the extra mile every time. i have done a lot of purchases in person and shipped. spend with confidence.

This should be moved to the vendors section as it really doesn't have to do with electronics.

known Jack for several years #1 person, great guy, good prices great product ,will go out of his way to get you what you need

A rocketeer and a gentleman! Fine to do business with on all accounts. BUT, if you get the chance to talk with him at a launch or such it's even better because he really knows his stuff. I had questions regarding 75mm casings CTI vs. Aerotech and he gave me all the ins and outs, pros and cons... WOW. Great guy.
-Ken

Back