Good People ,Good Time

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepe

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience at the Central Va. Tripoli rocket launch. It was only my second time at a launch and it was my wife's first.We immediately felt welcome by all but tried to stay out of the way as people were busy preping their rockets for flight.My grand daughter(6) met another young girl right off and announced she had another best friend.My wife was really into the more powerful rockets and suggested We,instead of me, should build rockets larger then my normal LPR's I'm very cool with the thought of building one with her! Grand Daughter launched our pink and purple Redliner with lots of comments how it matched her jacket,this attention really made her quite proud of her first build.Her dumb papi put a C6-7 in it instead of something tamer and the rocket was lostWhen the c'chute didn't open properly. She took it ok and I already have a replacement for her to start on. We stayed as long as we could but being over 100 miles from home and work the next morning we left earlier then most.That night, well getting ready for work the next morning, I couldn't find my wallet anywhere when I realized I must have lost in Culpeper somewhere.The next morning a Culpeper policeman called my cellphone and said someone at the rocket launch had found the wallet and called the police They had my phone number because of my grand daughter's lost rocket report.
In conclusion,I will be joining this club the people are just too nice not to. I will be building a pink and purple Big Bertha with grand daughter and (gulp) will attempt a HPR build with wife.

Back