Thanks everyone for the well wishes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CommonwealthRocketry

Reaction score
I'd like to thank all of you who sent well wishes etc. to me and my family after my heart attack last week. Spending Thanksgiving in the hospital wasn't my first choice of course but it could have been much worse. The doctors are treating me with a change in my medication, change in diet, exercise and the big one... quitting smoking.
Thanks again everyone I/we really appreciate it.

Kyle - Commonwealth Rocketry

Wow, Kyle! I didn't realize it; glad you're home and doing well!

-Kevin

and the big one... quitting smoking.

Hi Kyle,
I am - or, rather, was - a smoker. Almost a pack a day on a good day - more on a bad.

I started on Zyban a few weeks ago and I'm happy to say that I've been smoke free for 13 days so far :) It's early days yet, but I'm getting there and the tablets have really helped :)

Good luck with everything - I'm sure that a year from now you'll look back and see what is a bad event is now has led to positive changes!

Krusty

All the best on your recovery Kyle !!

I quit smoking over 13 years ago.....no problems and will never go back to those sticks of death ! Once you get past the first few weeks the cravings get less and last only a minute then gone.It`s funny ,but I will still get a craving at the most random time ,but not often and they go away pretty fast.

Take care of yourself !

Sincerely

Paul t

Glad to hear you're on the mend.

For what it's worth, I quit smoking 30 years ago or better and have dramatically improved my quality of life. I'd like to say that I saved all that smoking money but...you know how it is.

Take the doc's advice and do the right thing for yourself and those who care about you.

Oh buddy! Rest up and call me when you can-e-mail already sent. Best wishes and do take care of yourself. You have to come out and see the dancing girls and saloon I'm putting in the silo-only after you're better!

CTI Smokeys GOOD. Marlboro Smokeys BAD.

Feel better soon. Stay strong. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Simon

Hadn't heard until just now! Glad you made it this far, keep pluggin', you'll get through it! Take your time, potentially lost my Grandfather because he jumped back up and went back to work. His system was weakened, and a few months later they found lung cancer. Doc said if he had taken the time to recover from the heart, they might have been able to catch the cancer before it was out of control. (That being said, the man smoked 3 packs of home rolled, filterless, cancer sticks every day, which surely didn't help)

Terry

Kyle

We didnt know either, hope your doing well and getting back on your feet.

Back