You might be a rocket geek if...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....you keep coming back to this thread to laugh your tail off at some of the funny crap you guys wrote.:rofl:

Guilty...

Your walk through even Victoria's Secret results in identification of more items you can make a rocket out of.

...you refer to the movie October Sky as "my life story."

...you cannot get through a showing of October Sky without tearing up.

...every time you view The Simpsons episode on model rocketry, you point out that it violates the code for Mr. Nibbles to ride in the model.

... you set your VCR to catch any TV show that even mentions rockets or rocketry. That's right, VCR, so what. You want to fight about it?

...you are on a 12-hour drive yet you stop at Wick's Aircraft Supply to pick up two quarts of SuperFil to save on shipping and "talk shop" with the owner (just this morning, in fact).

Last edited:
You have to explain to your wife the clear plastic tumbler is not 'dirty' but rather the result of you dripping a little acetone on it while thinning your pyrogen over the sink to make ignitors. Happened last night....

... you have a credit card that for some reason only shows Apogee, Wildman, and Whats Up on its statement
OR
... you have a paypal account specifically for rocketry

...you see everything - and I mean EVERYTHING, to have flight potential.PIC_2422.jpg

...you just get a room with a computer at work and the ONLY additional thing you add to it is this forum

Or you stop in for a regular doctors appointment and the CNAs and PAs have saved the tubing from co-ban rolls because they knew you were coming in for a visit.

... you spend a thousand dollars on tools to built a five dollar rocket and consider it money well spent.

... you spend a thousand dollars on tools to built a five dollar rocket and consider it money well spent.
Jp hits it on the head! :clap: :handshake: :cheers: :grin:

You also know when you buy a sticker to advertise the self same fact-as if nobody could guess....
(I'd like six please....)

Hey now, just today I had to use some clamps and my epoxy to fix an eight year old's pair of flip flops. Now if it weren't for rocketry, I would not have had that epoxy or those particular clamps that worked perfectly.

Of course, trying to justify those tools and products purchased for rocketry by the repair of a $2 pair of flip flops is probably a sign as well.

I am always looking for a way to get my wife involved or at least excited about rocketry. My thought is of course that I can buy more rocketry stuff "for us". When this thread came out , I started reading some of the items posted. Last night while grilling she asked me " how long till dinner". My response was " T minus 3 minutes". Her response was your like that post about rocket geeks. So having said that:

You might be a rocket geek if you use " T minus" as a way to describe time.

#1- If you feel like you just won the lottery after finding the elusive Crayon Bank at Toys R Us (true)

#2- You hold up the crayon from #1 to show your 6 year old and ask if he knows what this is gonna be.....and he answers "A rocket?" (also true)

Hey now, just today I had to use some clamps and my epoxy to fix an eight year old's pair of flip flops. Now if it weren't for rocketry, I would not have had that epoxy or those particular clamps that worked perfectly.

Of course, trying to justify those tools and products purchased for rocketry by the repair of a $2 pair of flip flops is probably a sign as well.

Could be worse---you might have thought of a way to make fins out of the flip flops---just sayin !

... you argue the correctness of CATO vs cato ad nauseam.:rolleyes:

Back