Dude Perfect Model rocket battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in the least, just observing that they seem to be having a heck of a good time. I just see and experience folks at rocked launches who are mad, upset, or just plain miserable because their over complicated attempts to forget that they are playing with toy rockets is going wrong. I ama s guilty of this as anyone.

If you check out these guys web site/YouTube channel they seem to get the same level of joy out of all the things they try. Yes some seem a bit dangerous, however in the end they are just having goofy fun. They do one routine with Styrofoam gliders that is truly amazing.

Sometimes I wonder if we scare newcomers away by sitting there scowling at a pile of rocket components that are not working as planned. I can easily imagine some thinking "Why the heck would I want to subject myself to that?"

I like having fun at launches. I don’t enjoy dealing with things that are overly complicated or technical, so I tend to fly big, dumb rockets, and I don’t put them up very high. A lot of my rocketry friends have moved on to far more sophisticated rockets, but I don’t think I would find it very fun myself, so I am sticking with rockets like the Warlock for now. However, I do refrain from trying to catch the Warlock.

Am I the only who thinks they actually did everything right?
Every rocket had a parachute.
No one modified there model against the instructions.
proper sized field
they even had a fire extinguisher.

Great exposure for the hobby.

Am I the only who thinks they actually did everything right?
Every rocket had a parachute.
No one modified there model against the instructions.
proper sized field
they even had a fire extinguisher.

Great exposure for the hobby.

No, you're not. :) Like I said (post #17), those boys are in my neighborhood and I hope to get them to a club launch sometime down the road. A little overzealous acting with fire extinguisher I thought. :wink:

I thought it was cool. Remember this is how they act in all their videos. Its nothing new. Their videos are really sophisticated.

Was there ever an explanation for why the Bounty Hunter went cruise missile at the cows? Underpowered or something wrong with the rail?
Underpowered + some post-production added drama. And they used a Mantis pad, so less than 4 feet of launch rod. I went to the studio in Frisco TX and talked to one of the producers. He made all the models used in the Model Rocket Battle. Big League YouTube operation.

Last edited:
Underpowered + some post-production added drama. And they used a Mantis pad, so less than 4 feet of launch rod. I went to the studio in Frisco TX and talked to one of the producers. He made all the models used in the Model Rocket Battle. Big League YouTube operation.
Was it an F15 motor? I’m putting together the rocket and don’t want to kill any wildlife.

OR is saying should be a great flight using the Apogee file.

1633561391514.png

Attachments

• NCR_Bounty_Hunter_060315.ork
    66.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sorry Ron, going on memory here. I don't know exactly which motor was used but I know those videos need some drama added. They have shooting scripts and production plans and re-takes. The other clue is that none of the other flights exhibited any unusual behavior. The models were well built, if the finish was a little rough. I don't know how much the Bounty Hunter weighed. They might have stuck a D12 in there to get the shot they wanted. I would trust your sims.

They might have stuck a D12 in there to get the shot they wanted. I would trust your sims.
Thanks. That’s what I suspected.

A lot of people ask how reality shows get away with safety hazards without getting mailed a citation from OSHA. I tell them there’s a notice at the end saying this show was for entertainment purposes. Otherwise OSHA would outlaw stuntmen.

Back