Secret Santa 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
:hohoho:Secret Santa 2017:hohoho:
Once again it’s time for Secret Santa! Christmas time is fast approaching and all the elves here at the North Pole are busy working overtime to make sure all the good boys and girls get all the rockets, motors, and accessories they deserve.

:present:PAPA ELF SPECIAL::present:
To encourage more people to sign up and not wait till the last day, Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing. Their name will be entered in the drawing daily starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So, the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get! (note – if you want to opt out of the drawing, please let Papa Elf know when you submit your entry)

:tree:Rules::tree:
- First Rule of Secret Santa is talk about Secret Santa!
- Speaking of Rules, Read the Rules
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU DON’T PLAN ON CHECKING IN WHEN SENDING & RECEIVING.
- Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 23rd at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, TRF handle, address, and wish list starting as early as November 24th
- All check-in’s should be sent to [email protected]. Posting your check in on this thread is optional. Check in when you receive your e-mail, ordered your gift or sent your gift, and received your gift.
- Feel free to post your wishlist within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.
- You are encouraged to change your signature to advertise this event.
- Buy a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is optional, but typically most people spend about $20-$30 for their recipient. Participating vendors will be posted in another thread soon.
- Contact Papa Elf and let him know the gift is ordered.
- Receive your gift and report you got something in the mail.
- Christmas Morning - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it. Don’t forget to say thanks

:candy:HOW TO SIGN UP! :candy:
If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa 2017" to "[email protected]". Note: the old n3tjm e-mail will still work. In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field and with the wish list please keep everything on one line (Don't hit Enter). This makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Example: (This is Papa Elf's actual wishlist)
N3tjm <Enter>
Douglas Gardei <Enter>
125 Penn View Drive <Enter>
Penns Creek, PA 17862 <Enter>
555-555-5555 <Enter>

Wishlist:
Aerotech: Arreaux, Barracuda, Cheetah, G-Force, Initiator, Sumo, RMS 29/120, 180, 240, 360, RMS 38mm Set, RMS 54-1706 case and K550 load.

Estes: Bundle 7,8, Airborne Surveillance Missile, Alien Invader, Argent PS, Ascender PS, Astron Elliptic II, Black Star Voyager, Blast Off Flight Pack, Blue Ninja, Bundle 1, 2 , and/or 3, Christmas Ornaments, Cobra, Conquest, Crossbow SST, Dark Silver, Der Red Max, Designer Kit Special, Eliminator-E, EPM 010, Equinox, Executioner, Expedition, Firebolt, Fletcher, Fusion X25, Goblin, Honest John, HiFlier XL, Indicator, Interceptor E, Jetliner Mini, Laser Lance, Little Joe II, Load Star, Long Tom, Magician, Majestic PS, Mammoth, Maxi Alpha III, Mini Max, Nike Apache, Nike Smoke, Nike Smoke PS, Outlander, Panavia, Partizon PS, Phoenix Bird, Photon Probe, Puma, Quinstar, Red Nova. Red, Green, Gold, Yellow, or Pink Crayon. Sahara, Satellite Interceptor, Saturn V, Scion, Scorpion, Screaming Eagle, Shuttle, SLV, Solar Warrior, Space Shuttle, Star Orbiter, STM 012, Stormcaster, Stratocruiser, Super Big Bertha, Super Neon, Super Nova, Trajector PS, Twin Factor, Vector Force, Ventris PS, V2;. E12-0, E16-0. E16-4, F15-0 and/or F15-4 motors.

Dynasoar - IntR/Ceptor, Spyplane, X-plane RC Kits.

Fliskits: Adfecta, Buckshot, Celtic Thunder, Cut Away Model Rocket Motor, Decim8, dooDad, Doubles, Journeyman, K&#8217;tng&#8217;a, L-13, Mercury Redstone, M.A.C.M.E. Shrew, Mako, MIRA, Nantucket Sound, Narhams Gold, Nell, Proxima Centauri, S.P.A.D., Tesla, Tiberius, Trifecta, V2, V2-WAC Bumper;

Loc: Expediter, Minie Magg, Phoenix Barebone Kit, Star Fighter 152, Viper III or IV, Warlock

Pemberton Technologies: Bucky Jones, Space Ark;

Quest B6-4, C6-3, C6-5 motors, 24pk igniters, Aerospace One, Full Betty, SHX Stilleto.

Semroc &#8211; Baby Orion, Der V-1.5, Geehod, Little Joe II, Mars Lander, Moon Glo, Orbital Transport, Satellite Killer, Saturn 1B, SLS Lil' Hustler, Starship Excaliber, Space Shuttle, Yung&#8217;un&#8217;s Nuke.

Other: CTI E75 Motors. CTI 24mm 2 grain case, closures, Possibly Loads.
Pack of F24-4W&#8217;s and F35-5W&#8217;s from Hobbylinc.
Any G Reloads from Hobbylinc
AMW Gift Certificate
Hobbylinc Gift Certificate
Performance Hobbies Gift Certificate
Gift visa to buy Gas.
Anything from Wildman
Anything you think Papa Elf would like.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf

I missed the Summer one, but I'll be sure to be part of this one!

To encourage more people to sign up and not wait till the last day, Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing. Their name will be entered in the drawing daily starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So, the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get! (note &#8211; if you want to opt out of the drawing, please let Papa Elf know when you submit your entry)

Don't let him snow you, he doesn't ship the prize!! lol... :D

Just messin with you Papa Elf. :) I'll email in a bit once I think up a list.

:(

*deleted*

Hope you all have a good time!!

:merry-christmas:

Last edited:
And I'm in again. I was thinking about this the other day..

e-mail sent..

Wish list:
parts, anything really!
Aerotech 40/120 case,
38mm case, either CTI or Aerotech..
A cool nerdy rocket / aerospace shirt '/ polo (General Dynamics, Boeing, Raytheon, Nasa, etc..)
2.6" LOC tubes & couplers
4" tubes & couplers
MDRM!!
Spacey /Sci-Fi kits
1968 Chevelle..

Look at www.allrockets.com for "Canadian content" (save on duties, shipping, etc..)

I'm in. Email and wish list sent.

Any Wildmankit
Any Madcowkit
Any BinderDesign Kit
Any 3&#8221;-4&#8221;fiberglass kit
AT 29/40-120reloads
OneBadHawkHarness
Quick links
Barrelswivels
Rocketpoxy
1010 railbuttons
Kevlar cord&#8211; 300 to 700 lb
Drogueparachutes &#8211; 9&#8221; to 24&#8221;
DinochutesGuide Chute &#8211; 24&#8221;
Shock cordprotectors
Nomexblankets &#8211; 6&#8221; to 12&#8221;
MissileworksRRC2+ or RRC3
MissileworksT3 GPS Tracker
AnyEggtimer/Eggfinder product
Printed sledfor Eggfinder or Missleworks GPS trackers
Avbayhardware
Altimeterwiring kits, rotary switches
Charge wells3 gram and up
Strap-onBooster Pods (Apogeerockets)
Igniters
CTI ProDat54
Any rocketryrelated gift card

Last edited:
Email will be forthcoming when I get home from work/run. (Hopefully before MikeyD sends me a reminder email this time.....)

I totally missed the daily name entering detail for the drawing last time around!

I’m in, will work on list.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

This is my first year to be in this! :)

My wishlist is:
CTI hardware
AT Hardware
CTI 29mm 3 grain reloads
CTI 29mm 2 grain reloads
CTI 29mm 4-6XL case
Estes Levitation (If you can find one)
Any Wildman Rocketry kit
Madcow Go devil 29
gift certificate to "AMW ProX store"
Gift certificate to "eRockets"
gift certificate to "Chris' rocket supplies"
CTI Pro DAT for a 29mm motor
Estes motors
Madcow 4" Frenzy
38mm saucer or spool
54mm saucer or spool
29mm 2 stage rocket
ASP WAC Corporal: https://www.erockets.biz/asp-flying-model-rocket-kit-wac-corporal-29-38mm/
:grin: Jolly Logic Chute Release (Or a gift card to buy one)

Thanks,

Last edited:
Oh you know I'm in!

List:

Any 38mm+ loads. Loki preferred. I already have a 38-240 and 38-480. If you don't want to ship them, just order them through Chris Short at csrocketry, I'll pick them up locally.
Igniters/Ematches
Gift cards to CS Rocketry/Performance Hobbies
Electronic components (switches, terminal blocks, etc)

(I also accept computer parts ;) )

I'm in. this is obviously the first one I will have participated in. Please tell me if I'm not doing it right.
Wish list:Aerotech 24/40 hardware, 29/40-120 hardware, any Aerotech 29mm hardware
AeroTech Arcas, AeroTech Warthog, ASP Sonda II B, Estes Bullpup 12d, Estes Stratocruiser (7215), Estes Black Brandt II (1958), Estes Defender (1924),
Estes Der Red Max (0651), Estes Mega Der Red Max, Estes Der Red Max mini (2245), Estes Red Nova (7266), Estes Nike Smoke PSII (9704),
Estes super big Bertha, Estes Mongoose 2 stage (2092), Estes Twin Factor (7250), Estes Leviathan (9700), LOC Iris 1.6", any LOC park flyer kit, Madcow Honest John 2.6", Madcow Black Brant 2 fiberglass 2&#8221; or 4&#8221;, Madcow Black Brandt 2 mini 1.6&#8221;, Madcow Little John, North Coast Rocketry Hobgoblin, North Coast Lance Delta, North Coast Bounty Hunter, Quest Future Launch Vehicle, Semroc Cherokee C, Semroc SLS Aero Dart 1.8&#8221; diameter, Aerotech: 29mm standard forward closure, 29mm rear closure. AeroTech 29/60 F37W-14A , AeroTech E18W-4 E18W-7, AeroTech F24W-7 3 pack, Aerotech 29/40-120 G64-7W
AeroPack 38/54mm motor adapter, AeroPack 54mm Retainer L

Thanks for putting Secret Santa all together!!!

Last edited:
This is my first year to be in this! :)

My wishlist is:
CTI hardware
AT Hardware
CTI 29mm 3 grain reloads
Estes Levitation (If you can find one)
Any Wildman Rocketry kit
Madcow Go devil 29
gift certificate to "AMW ProX store"
Gift certificate to "eRockets"
gift certificate to "Chris' rocket supplies"
CTI Pro DAT for a 29mm motor
Estes motors
Madcow 4" Frenzy
38mm saucer or spool
54mm saucer or spool

Thanks,

Sadly I'm not participating, but I do love Pro29 3G- gonna fly the Minuteman on a G54? G33? H87? That ought to be fun either way...

The ProDAT is the same for 24, 29 & 38 if you know someone who flies 38mm CTI. You just need a spacer thing to center the delay unit- I can post a pic of mine when I get a minute.

Sadly I'm not participating, but I do love Pro29 3G- gonna fly the Minuteman on a G54? G33? H87? That ought to be fun either way...

The ProDAT is the same for 24, 29 & 38 if you know someone who flies 38mm CTI. You just need a spacer thing to center the delay unit- I can post a pic of mine when I get a minute.

I only currently fly my CTI 29mm 3 grain in my Estes Partizon.
Nothing bigger than a G for the Minute Man due to lack of strength, but if I get the Madcow Go Devil 29 minimum diameter rocket from a secret santa, then I would stick a nice H87 in that! :)

Thanks,

I only currently fly my CTI 29mm 3 grain in my Estes Partizon.
Nothing bigger than a G for the Minute Man due to lack of strength, but if I get the Madcow Go Devil 29 minimum diameter rocket from a secret santa, then I would stick a nice H87 in that! :)

Thanks,

Simple solution to that issue:
-G54 is OK. Nice soft full G. Easy.
-Look at an H54 WLB. Only slightly more, no problem.
-Then check out the H90 classic. Similar off the pad, only a bit shorter and harder.
-Then an H87 Imax is easy.

That's what we call inductive reasoning.:wink:

What the heck, I'm in!

Wishlist
Pretty much any 38mm or 54mm case, Aerotech or CTI!, reloads are always welcome for those as well!
Any scale sounding rocket kit
Madcow 6" airframes, couplers, bulkplates
LOC 5.5" avionics bay
Anything rocketry related!

Email will be forthcoming when I get home from work/run. (Hopefully before MikeyD sends me a reminder email this time.....)

I totally missed the daily name entering detail for the drawing last time around!

Didn't want you left out!

I vote to have sign up to be closed the Tuesday or Wednesday before Thanksgiving. That way we can get ready for the Black Friday deals and Papa Elf isn't feeling pressured to organize and email on Thanksgiving! You know how patient we all are.

Email and list sent.

I just won a drawing last weekend, so I'm hoping the luck holds out.

Updated with lists:
Estes (desired in descending order):
-Humdinger
-Airborne Surveillance Missile
-Flip Flyer
-Astron Explorer
-Loadstar II
-Bullpup
-Metalizer

New-way:
-C-thru

AAR (from apogee and ?):
-Dong-Feng 11A

US rockets(from apogee and ?):
-Dual 18mm rear eject (this is the actual rocket name.....)

-F with Multiple D-pods (Who the heck names these?......)

Hardware:
-24/40 Hobbyline case
-29/120 or 180 hardware
-Pro24 hardware
-Pro29 6gr case

Motors:
-29/40-120 reloads
-Single Use G80NT motor(s)

-Pro29 reloads (3 gr or below)
-Pro 38 reloads (5 gr or below

Misc:
-Gift cards to CSrocketry, Madcow, Apogee, Wildman, etc....
-38mm Aeropack retainers (fits madcow cardboard tubes)
-38mm Aeropack retainer bases (male part)
-12"x12" chute protector(s)
-54mm Slimline retainer for Loc tubing

Bonus entries:
Jolly Logic Alt 3
Madcow 4" Phoenix

Last edited:
Email and list sent....

Estes: Mega Moquito, 29mm motor retainers, 24mm motor retainers, Altimeter, PNC20, 50 or 55 nose cone packs
Semroc: Defender, Satellite Killer, Starship Vega
Aerotech: First Fire Starters, First fire Jr starters, 29mm Motor Retainers,
LOC: 2.6" tube, 30" length 7.51" tube (payload section)
Nylon chutes, any brand, 12"-24"
Gift cards always acceptable

I haven't been part of a Secret Santa in years, and this may be my only opportunity for one this year. Email on the way shortly!

Wishlist

Estes: 2028 Cajun, 2042 America, Scout 3, Astrocams, Berthas of any size, any nose cone assortment, BT-55's, PNC-55AC, PNC-60MX, Vern's autograph

Boyce Aerospace Hobbies: Cineroc replica nose cone

Semroc: SPEV

Other: Gift cards always welcome

Other Mk II: Happy to get anything really

Last edited:
I'm in...

Wishlist:

Hardware & reloads:
AT 29/120 case (used is OK)
AT 29mm closures (fwd/aft) (used is OK)
Any AT reloads, particularly 29mm hobby-line (for 29/40-120 case)
Loki 38mm reloads
Loki 38mm #25 nozzle (for K-627 reload)
CTI 24mm 6g reloads

Electronics:
Eggfinder mini
Eggtimer Quantum
magnetic switches

Building supplies:
6" body tube (21"+ length) (Cardboard, composite, doesn't matter)
1/4"+ diameter tubular kevlar
Bulk Nomex (high visibility colors)

Other:
Hobbylinc Gift Certificate
Burnsim software license
Fliskits stable/unstable T-shirts
Sunriver Nature Center gift certificate

Added (may not be in the emailed list...)
Always Ready Rocketry, 3" basic blues kit
3" bluetube
3" bluetube coupler (full length)

Last edited:
I'm in!

Aeropack: 24-29mm adaptor.

Aerotech: 24/40 RMS Set and/or reloads, 29/40-120 reloads, RMS 38MM Set, Starters.

Eggtimer: Anything/Everything, Dealers Choice

Estes: Nike Smoke PS, Super Big Bertha PS, Executioner, Honest John, D-F BP Motors, Composite Motors

Jolly Logic: Altimeter II, Chute Release

LOC: Nano-Magg, Onyx, 2.6 Patriot, Micro-Magg

Mad Cow: Mini Cowabunga, Mini Squat, Mini Patriot, 2.6 Mozzie, 2.2 Batray, 1.6 Fiberglass Mini Cowabunga, 1.6 Fiberglass Mini Squat, 1.6 Mini Black Brant II, 2.2 Scooter, 4&#8221; Squat, 2.6 lil Squat, 1.6 Fiberglass Mini Blak Brant II, 3&#8221; Little John, 2.2&#8221; Fiberglass Formula 54 any color, Gift Card

Misc: Rocketpoxy, Finishing Supplies, Recovery Supplies(Kevlar/Swivels/chutes/blankets/so on), Gift Cards to other rocketry vendors

PML: 1/6 Patriot, 1/4 Patriot, Striker, Black Brant VB, Mystic, Spitfire, Pterodactyl JR, Gift Card

Last edited:
Here is the Official List of Participants who have signed up. If you have sent me an e-mail, and don't see your handle here, please contact me.

blackbrandt
BMG22
chrisudy
DanH
DeepOvertone
djkingsley
dr_wogz
DRAGON64
emckee
Faroutspacenut
fyrfytr310
jazzviper1
Kallahan11
Krislhull
Locksmith
Nytrunner
rc dude
rockets
Sandeja1
Smugglervt
solid_fuel
Tobor
T-Rex
UPScaler
Weetie11

List updated 11-24-17

Last edited:
Here is the Official List of Participants who have signed up. If you have sent me an e-mail, and don't see your handle here, please contact me.

blackbrandt
BMG22
chrisudy
DanH
DeepOvertone
djkingsley
dr_wogz
DRAGON64
emckee
jazzviper1
Kallahan11
Krislhull
Locksmith
MikeyDSlagle
Nytrunner
rockets
Smugglervt
solid_fuel
T-Rex

Can I add to my list? I forgot to add a few things.. :facepalm:

Thanks,

Havent sent an email and will have to drop out of SS this time (arghh first miss in years).....
.... in a fit of middle aged madness I bought a 'play' car, with all the repair and restoration that it needs (jag XJ6) and so will be missing all the fun of Black Saturday, Secret Santa, Christmas... etc No more Motors, Kits, or anything for me for the next 'erm' amount of months...

Back