Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
570 piece of cake! it's on the calendar my friend. You should start a build thread...

BTW I think some guys just left ABQ for Distant Thunder, and

PS I drove through an Earthquake coming back from mwp ~5.3/5.0 near OK city

Owwww....."Fracking Earthquakes".:surprised: Getting a little more in common down that way-

It won't take long to turn Scooter and, Red Dog into a drag separation Queen. Just fill a few holes and, add some switches here and, there. Wah!
Maybe a new coat of paint too? Going on 8 years old now! :smile:

Friday's cards are entered... 168,404.5 Ns in 159 flights (1.95% R motor)

Saturday has about 2x or 3x as many flight cards... Then Sunday has more than Friday, but not by much. Slow going. Y'all have some interesting handwriting.
And, yes, now that I'm paying attention to the cards carefully, I can see the little jokes you added that we missed in all the busy-ness of launching. Funny. Very funny...

Awesome data from the flight cards!! Thank you so much for compiling that, I know it wasn't easy.

The Sager's didn't use many flight cards, but we appreciated the use of card-stock (much nicer than paper) although the (smaller than I'm used to) size did make it a bit tough to write everything in.

Thanks again for the effort with the data. Maybe I'm just a data junkie, but I'm so impressed... I might just have to volunteer to do the same (launch data spreadsheet) for the WOOSH launches! :cool:

Awesome data from the flight cards!! Thank you so much for compiling that, I know it wasn't easy.

The Sager's didn't use many flight cards, but we appreciated the use of card-stock (much nicer than paper) although the (smaller than I'm used to) size did make it a bit tough to write everything in.

Thanks again for the effort with the data. Maybe I'm just a data junkie, but I'm so impressed... I might just have to volunteer to do the same (launch data spreadsheet) for the WOOSH launches! :cool:

I'm a data junkie myself. I love spreadsheets. I did a few cool sorts and discovered...
The most popular size rocket is 4" diameter.
The most often used color is red
Etc etc... Definitely worth the effort if you love data.

Eric,

Thanks for posting pictures of the 5inch Jart flight. It was an L1320 C-Star - hit just under 12,000 feet.

Anyone else still going through post Midwest Power withdrawal? I know I'm not taking it real well...:sigh:

Russ did you get the long burn 54mm flight back?

Gary

Yes. After a few hours, Mike and Nikki Therriault helped me and Nikki actually found it. That's what I like about the rocketry community-,the people willing to help someone out.

Anyone else still going through post Midwest Power withdrawal? I know I'm not taking it real well...:sigh:

Definitely. 4 days in the sun with no sunblock... My face looks like... Well... I have a lot of sun blisters. Youch!
I only launched the drag race, and now I want to launch something... Grabbed an L1090 that needs to see the sky...

Definitely. 4 days in the sun with no sunblock... My face looks like... Well... I have a lot of sun blisters. Youch!
I only launched the drag race, and now I want to launch something... Grabbed an L1090 that needs to see the sky...

Just sitting here dunking Chocolate Chip cookies into a tall glass of Orange Juice...Been a long week at work and, I'm feeling quite hollow right now. :sigh: Miss you guys already, planning devious future projects, looking forward to Justin's You-Tube video....buying a few Dvd copies and, calling Wildman on Monday...

I have some really unconventional ideas for the future based on last weekends results! :D
Everyone be careful and, have fun at Michiana and, remember we are having a launch tomorrow at Purdy Sod!

Someone give me a hug...:sigh:

+1 fer sure...
Completely and thoroughly appreciated Eric....

Thank you man...

Teddy

You know, if you moved to Northern IL, you could fly at QCRS several times a year! :)

Ha,,
I'd be there each and every launch,,
you can bet on that....

You all made my wife and I feel so at home.....

Teddy

I'll call you when I get back to the states. We have a school launch on Saturday (19th) with a 10,000' waiver.

You know, if you moved to Northern IL, you could fly at QCRS several times a year! :)

The TAX structure probably wouldn't be much different...The Police don't wear "riding pants"...and, they actually have REAL GOOD Italian food at Lou Lagrou's in Peru/Lasalle! :smile:
Plus, you could be a Cubbies fan without getting lynched.

I'll call you when I get back to the states. We have a school launch on Saturday (19th) with a 10,000' waiver.

IF it was a Saturday, I'd be there too...:sigh: Pretty much determined that I'll be working Monday-Saturday till the day I retire or die.

Move that freight.
Move that freight.
Move that freight...

Well, at least we have a club member doing a TRA L-1/L-2 today at our Sod Farm Launch! :smile:

Then it's back to- Ok kids take that B6-4 and, insert it like this, grab some stuffing, stuff it there , stuff the chute in....

I've got like 200,000ns of AMW and, CTI stuffage here and, I want to fly like an Eagle. :fly:
Miss you all- have fun next Saturday.

Last edited:
*Brain Storm*

"Ok everybody, welcome back to our first day of Princeton High School Physical Education!":D
"We have a NEW teacher this year, his name is Mr. Piepenburg!"

Hello...everyone...Im the new guy here...:eek: I'm a former Rocket Scientist...displaced by NASA...I'm going to be showing you some of the techniques we used to train our Astronauts...
*bonk* *bonk* Boys! This is a Basketball....split up into teams of six and, go OVER there.

Ladies, ;) I hope you all brought your YOGA pants as directed by your new school supplies mailers! :rolleyes:

That's right, an entire Semester of YOGA for you!;) Lets get started! Streeeeeetch! :D

My first attempt at a proper drone video production. Best viewed directly in YouTube in 1080p.

[video=youtube;6XnWZamo1Rs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XnWZamo1Rs[/video]

Mr. Haskin! What a tribute to Princeton and MWP! You sure you've only been manning that thing for a couple weeks? Just some great stuff.

Anybody that hasn't attended Midwest power for the last 14 years, take note--one of the best launches in the country. Mark you calendars for next Halloween (or so)!

My first attempt at a proper drone video production. Best viewed directly in YouTube in 1080p.

[video=youtube;6XnWZamo1Rs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XnWZamo1Rs[/video]

Beautiful! I love the final flyover. Gonna miss that barn.
Great job, Chuck!

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. The weather was great. Due to health issues with my son I was unable to attend. I've enjoyed seeing all the videos and pictures.

Chuck, that is simply amazing! With time you'll only get better! As if that wasn't just awesome-;)

Been hearing that the barn was going to come down someday, what an icon on the desolate prarie it has been for so many years.
It's been a great shelter from the wind, reference marker, camping site, storage and, even struck by a few wayward rockets...I will miss it.

Great video Chuck and proficient flying especially for just getting it!

[video=youtube;g8jV2BYRODM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8jV2BYRODM[/video]

Flights filmed Friday:
Preston N. Madcow Blue Iguana AT I-65
George P. white/orange rocket red research motor
Dennis S. Wildman Darkstar CTI L-1030
Frank N. Standard Arm AT K-650
Dan C. Madcow Terminator L3 flight CTI M-1401
Gary P. LOC Warloc CTI J-360
Gary S. Nora 2 AT J-350
Don K. Orange Minie-Mag (extended) AT K-550
Preston N. Wildman AAD98 K-1000 Spark Clone
Justin T. Madcow Lil Rascal LOKI H-100
Sather R. Frankenrocket CTI G-107
Chuck D. Amraam LOKI J-528
Unknown flier 3” Wildman CTI J-449
Orange and white rocket, unknown motor/unknown flier
Kevin H. Wildman 5” Jart AT L-1090
George P. red/black rocket white research M motor
Dan F. Wildman Sport CTI H-151
Scott S. V2/R2 AT I-211
Jason G. Wildman 4” Jart research white K motor
Chuck S. Wildman AAD98 research L-1300
John C. (3) AT J-350 cluster
AT L-1000
AT H-550
Brandon G. Blackhawk 38 CTI I-540
AT H-238 shred
Fred T. CTI L-995
Robert B. Wildman Gizmo XL CTI M-1101
Frank N. LOC Magnum AT K-1100
Justin T. Thumper LOKI J-358
Sather R. Battlestar Gallactica AT L-850
Dennis W. Wildman 6” V2 CTI M-1405
Frank B. Goblin AT K-780
Chuck S. research M-1500
Ted C. (Onebadhawk) LOKI L-1040 air starting (2) AT I-225
Ron M. unknown rocket/motor
Tom L. LOC Minie-Mag
Jason G. Wildman 4” Jart Redux
Razor 3 CTI I-236
Randy L. Wombat
Justin T. Tri-Star looking rocket, landed in power lines
Tim D. Polecat 5.5” Skeeter AT K-540
Gary K. Madcow Formula 150 CTI M-1230
Tom C. J/K motor, early deploy
Gordon M. motor deploy, close landing
John S. 6” Wildman AT M-1350
Nick B. Wildman Intimidator 5, Preston 98mm sparky
Frank N. LOC Magnum AT K-700
Preston N. Madcow Dominator 4 research M-1250
Don H. Purple Royale AT M-1315

[video=youtube;-GUs5mFN0eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GUs5mFN0eQ[/video]

Flights filmed Saturday:
Purdue Orbital CTI K-2045
Glen P. Wildman 2.6” Darkstar research J-465
Eric C. LOC Magnum Kosdon L-585
MAC Scorpion H-196
Larry K. research L-726
Preston N. Madcow Broken Arrow 4 AMW L-900
Fred T. Sonic Karma CTI K-2000 to an AT L-1170
Chuck S. 3” Wildman research K-600
Nick A. QCC Explorer AT M-1939
John C. Moose research M-1250
Manny B. & Steve H. Ultimate Darkstar research M-6000
John C. 7.5” Corkscrew research M
Conner H. Madcow Patriot AT J-420
Jeff P. Upscale Alpha AT I-300
LOKI K-830
Wildman 5” Jart CTI K-1200
UROC/UROC Two Stage
Chelsea M. 4” Punisher AT M-1550
Jim V. Arcas AT J-350
Dave K. Jokers Wild Ride AT M-2400
Mike W. Wac Corporal LOKI M-3464
Sather R. Pegasus AT N-2000
Jack H. Madcow Blue Iguana AT J-270
AT I-327
George P. Unknown rocket/motor
Preston N. Madcow Formula 150 research M-1650
Eric C. LOC Bruiser AT M-1075
Fred T. AT I-366
Matt Binder Design Stealth, AT J-575
Glen P. Darkstar research purple J
CTI I-180
LOKI M-3000
AT J-250
Green Goddess (LOC Magnum) AT J-415
Jim V. PML Endeavor CTI J-381
Greg O. Big Red (LOC Magnum) AT K-535
Randy L. Wildman 4” Darkstar CTI M-1770
Frank N. 5.5” Standard Arm AT L-952
Alex Z. Pyramid
Dennis W. 4” Punisher CTI/AMW K-1075
Jim S. Goblin Preston sparky
Nick A. QCC Explorer CTI K-445

[video=youtube;WxRFkRI9jeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxRFkRI9jeo[/video]

Flights filmed Sunday:
L2 attempt LOC Bruiser AT J-420
Diane D. Wildman 4” Darkstar AT L-900
Mike G. Dart CTI J-365
Pete H. DSL PMOD CTI G-106
Gary P. Dynacom Black Widow CTI J-43
Astoria L2 attempt AT J-800
Fred T. Madcow Mongoose 54 AT K-700
Russ W. 5” Super Jart CTI L-1320***IGNITER MISFIRE***
Jason G. Punisher 4 research L-1000
Steve G. 3” Two Stage AT K-1103 to a CTI J-150
Tom M. Madcow Terminator CTI M-1670
Nick A. MAC Firestick XL CTI J-449
Don K. Wildman 4” Darkstar CTI J-300
Angel K. Wildman 2” Dark AT I-211
Tom R. Wildman 3” Punisher AT I-327
Gus P. 29mm Two Stage CTI I-243 to CTI I-243
Steven D. 4” scratch build AT L-1090
Preston N. Wildman 6” 98mm research sparky
Scott G. 6” Talon CTI M-1670
Tom C. Top Gun CTI K-520
John C. impact to the north research K
Eric C. Dynacom Air-X (Green Mamba) Sconnie M-1550 White
Vern H. 12” Patriot CTI M-2045
Chuck H. two stager AT J-800 to research I-200
Hugh C. 3” Wildman two stage CTI K-940 to CTI J ???
Bill G. 7.5” Pterodactyl shred on research M
CTI K-1440
Adrian B. Wildman AAD54 CTI G-106
Tom M. Wildman 3” AT I-300
Jake Brown, Wildman Jr. CTI J354
Tom C. 4” Patriot CTI J-145
Mark S. Wildman 2.6” project pack research K-1200
Jason & Sather Wildman 4” Demon drag race on AT K-700’s
Gus P. Scooter & Red Dog CTI L-3200 to CTI L-2375
Dan S. Zomok 2 CTI L-2375
Karl & Orion T. Magnum AT I-300 & (3) H-220’s to (3) more H-220’s

Last edited:
Wow Justin - amazing video work as always. Thank you very much for taking your flying time to produce this. It took me one entire evening to edit 5 minutes of video, so I'm sure this is a major undertaking.
You rock!

W:surprised:W Thank-you Justin for doing this! Now I can see with a slight lean off the pad why Scooter and Red Dogs sustainer landed 2 miles away.
It was a great day and, a beautiful weekend overall! ;)
I will contact you shortly for a couple of "burned" copies.
Thank-you again my friend. :smile:

[video=youtube;g8jV2BYRODM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8jV2BYRODM[/video]

Flights filmed Friday:
Dan C. Madcow Terminator L3 flight CTI M-1401

You even got video of Sather shaking my hand after my L3 flight narrowly missed the power lines. Thanks so much! :D

Back