RRC3 programming question/issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byoungblood

Reaction score
I'm going to use my new RRC3 for my L2 attempt (single deploy w/ motor backup) next week, and I was playing around with some of the settings and have run across a problem.

I am trying to set the arming altitude down to 200', I'm fairly certain I'm following the instructions correctly (all DIP switches are off) but after getting the quick double beep confirming my input, I simply get a short, then long beep for that setting. If I manually reset it back to 300' using the same method, I get the same feedback. If I reset the altimeter back to its defaults, it gives me 3 short beeps indicating 300'.

Anyone have any ideas or feedback on what is going on? Or should I just leave it alone? I just wanted it to arm a little lower in case something went wrong I'd still get a deployment.

I'm going to use my new RRC3 for my L2 attempt (single deploy w/ motor backup) next week, and I was playing around with some of the settings and have run across a problem.

I am trying to set the arming altitude down to 200', I'm fairly certain I'm following the instructions correctly (all DIP switches are off) but after getting the quick double beep confirming my input, I simply get a short, then long beep for that setting. If I manually reset it back to 300' using the same method, I get the same feedback. If I reset the altimeter back to its defaults, it gives me 3 short beeps indicating 300'.

Anyone have any ideas or feedback on what is going on? Or should I just leave it alone? I just wanted it to arm a little lower in case something went wrong I'd still get a deployment.

Unless you are expecting an altitude of near 300' I would not worry about changing it or unless you are doing a 3rd channel event like an airstart/staging event. I am assuming you are not programming via the LCD or USB interfaces, but using the dip switches and programming button, FYI the USB cable interface is so worth the money as the mDACs software makes programming a breeze.

Hi byoungblood -

Arming altitude is entered in 10' increments, thus for a 200' arming altitude you'd require 20 taps of the PROG pushbutton.
Also, as Rich mentioned, I wouldn't worry about changing the 300' default arming altitude unless you're anticipating a very low apogee.

Hope that helps.

:facepalm:

Yep...RTFM.

On a side note, is there any plan on porting mDACS over to OSX? I'm (mostly) a Apple home now, with my gaming/media server being the only Windows machine I have left, and it doesn't lend itself to being hauled around to launch sites very well.

:facepalm:

Yep...RTFM.

On a side note, is there any plan on porting mDACS over to OSX? I'm (mostly) a Apple home now, with my gaming/media server being the only Windows machine I have left, and it doesn't lend itself to being hauled around to launch sites very well.

It's on my radar, but this effort will take a back seat to a couple other "tool" priorities, namely my Android app for RTx/GPS support and another quick PC tool I want to build for data stream decoding. With the new Bluetooth options in the release queue, I may focus on incorporating additional RRC3 support from said Android platform as well.

Back