Easy Mini startup issues

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Off Grid Gecko

Reaction score
Was having some trouble yesterday from my Altos Mestrum Easy-Mini dual deploy altimeter.

When connected to the computer, everything was perfect. 9.2V, dit-dit telling me it was in idele. My 3 beeps to confirm the wiring was installed properly and continuity to my charges.

Unplug from computer and every single time I tried to arm it, it would skip the more code indicating it was in pad mode (dit-dah-dah-dit). It was giving my 3 beeps for system status every five seconds, as if it was in pad mode and flight ready. But no confirmation morse signal on startup. I went through this over and over, talked to the guys at the site, and we decided that it was worth a try (backup for a recovery chute from the main). Get out to the pad and push the button, bingo, there's my signal. Has not repeated the strange error again since.. I just can't figure this out.

Flight went perfectly, everything fired as expected, recovered the altiude measurement was beeping out (with appropriate "landed" code beeping out as well). Cleaning the rocket and motor tubes up this morning and it's happily beeping out the pad-ready status every time I start it up.

Anyone else have this problem with Easy-Mini? I swear it was doing this to me on a smaller rocket that I launched on an E to test the flight computer and I just went ahead and launched and everything functioned fine (backup on that flight as well with the deployment charge). Just can't figure out why it's being fickle about beeping out the pad code. Is there a known bug in the software? So odd.

Back