Question regarding Missileworks RRC3 programming software.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calkni

Reaction score
Hello all,

When trying to program my RRC3 for a dual deploy flight, I attempted to set its drogue deployment at apogee, or apogee +0. However, when I tried to make the entry in the dialog box zero, every time I wrote to the RRC3, it changed the value in the dialog box to apogee +1. Checking via the LCD screen attachment resulted in the confirmation that apogee +1 was wrote to the RRC3.

My question is, is apogee +1 the default to indicate apogee +0, or is this a fault in my version of the software and I need to update the software, or is this simply an operator error?

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you.

The deployment mode was set to Primary, and I tested the backup deployment mode and had the same result. Can test again later today to confirm.

My guess is that the default is apogee +1 to ensure that the rocket is indeed falling (pressure increasing). To hit apogee right on the nose at 50 Hz is too dicey. All altimeters probably use the same logic.

Latest posts

Back