Did I miss something...where is TopRamen

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the inherent problem in online relationships. People disappear, and it is hard to know why or where.

If anybody knows him in real life, let us know how he's doing.

Top Ramen left us a while back, in part due to the altering/removal of his signature quote. He still pops in every once in a while to post things but does not appear here regularly which is too bad, because he had some great little projects, and it was fun to watch his builds. His current absence from here is another of the fine drama's caused by over-moderation of this forum.

Top Ramen left us a while back, in part due to the altering/removal of his signature quote. He still pops in every once in a while to post things but does not appear here regularly which is too bad, because he had some great little projects, and it was fun to watch his builds. His current absence from here is another of the fine drama's caused by over-moderation of this forum.

I wish that he and Eric (ThirstyBarbarian) would come back. Two really good members that have gone silent. Thirsty has popped in now and again, but doesn't seem to be posting, replying to PM's, or emails.

Oh, and Dave, if you're reading this... I Love Animals too. Many of which are great with BBQ sauce. :wink:

FOUND!!!!

20120405-200564-sitting-on-noodles.jpg

May I ask... what is the deal with his siggy line?

It was a quote along the lines of be respectful to everyone, but have a plan to kill anyone you meet. It was changed by a moderator to something less... extreme with little or no prior communication, and a few people got quite upset. Apologies were made but to no avail.

Nate

Was there a warning -- "Please change your sig. It doesn't align with the stated purpose of TRF. If you do not, we will ...." Or did they just change it out from under him?

Was there a warning -- "Please change your sig. It doesn't align with the stated purpose of TRF. If you do not, we will ...." Or did they just change it out from under him?

It was my understanding there was no warning, but I'm not really not sure.

Nate

I kinda miss the guy's wit and I share his fondness for Estes Star Troopers. I hope he found a community, wherever he is.

Someone reported his sig. It was considered without context (It's a famous military quote) and edited without warning.

I have seen the quote numerous times in Brad Thor novels.

Then again I knew what I was looking at having been raised and having served in the military.

Who would have ever thought PC would have ever messed-up things so badly back when it started. I thought it was a joke... Guess the joke is one me.

I never heard it before. Without context, I don't see it as offensive. Seems like something I'd tell my daughter. Go out, enjoy life, and interact with people, be nice, and beware,, not everybody ELSE is nice.

Yeh, PC gone wild & violation of the 1st amendment by a journalist :dark: Say hello to the new world order :mad: I am offending many by this statement & will be violating safe spaces:facepalm:

I never heard it before. Without context, I don't see it as offensive. Seems like something I'd tell my daughter. Go out, enjoy life, and interact with people, be nice, and beware,, not everybody ELSE is nice.

Exactly, its kind of like being a Boy Scout "Be Prepared", only a bit more edgy.

Yeh, PC gone wild & violation of the 1st amendment by a journalist :dark: Say hello to the new world order :mad: I am offending many by this statement & will be violating safe spaces:facepalm:
Snapping my fingers in applause so as to avoid micro aggressions.

I plan to come back to the Forum when I find a new home. This one is not working out so great.
All my Rocket stuff is packed up and in storage over at my Mom's house.
I'd log in from time to time to say hi, but it sucks to not have anything rockety to talk about.
Thanks for the kind words from those that enjoyed my company here.
I'll be back eventually if I ever get moved into a new place and have some space to set up building rockets again.

I stopped by today to see if that Talos that KidRocket built has ever seen it's first flight yet.

I plan to come back to the Forum when I find a new home. This one is not working out so great.
I'd log in from time to time to say hi, but it sucks to not have anything rockety to talk about.
I'll be back eventually if I ever get moved into a new place and have some space to set up building rockets again.

I stopped by today to see if that Talos that KidRocket built has ever seen it's first flight yet.

Good to see you Dave!

Ya know, you're always welcome to give feedback on the things going on around here!

Best of luck with the new place. I too am looking for a new place to live, and hate having nothing to build (it's trying to hide in boxes).

Heyyyyyyy....
How are you man ????
It sure is nice to see you again....
How's everything ??
Don't sweat your place,, you'll get that squared away...
Hey Dave,, I've got a smokin new Bench Made I bet you'd like to see...
I wish we lived around the corner from each other,,, lol...

It's really nice to see you here man....

Teddy

Thanks for the reply.
Glad to hear you your still upright.
Most of me rockets are packed away also.
HOWEVER............Im real close to finishing me "Rocketcave" !!!!
Converted me shed into a nice room. 12x16 w heat!!!!!

Great to see you Top. I really liked your posts. Come back soon!

s'up, Top.

Glad to see you're still visiting occasionally.

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy so just keep doing what you can.

Good to hear from you Dave! I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that I do miss your posts and your work.

If you're missing the builds, I have done a few while out of town. It is kind of fun to see what you can do with basic tools and limited resources.

Back