Estes Scissor Wing Transport ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Came across a new in bag kit- kicking around wether to build it or shelf it.
Anyone ever build one , and how did it fly ? Any tips ? or is it better served a shelf queen ?
Have yet to unbag it , and take a look.

Thanks , Andy

mine flew well the 1st two flights. one problem with this type of design (motor pod ejects) is you have to clean the ejection crud out of the glider else it throws the trim off. if you build with an eye to flying it, I would suggest painting the under side of the wing & tail black to aid in tracking it.
Rex

Set up the glide trim and balance very carefully...no meaningful dihedral means roll stability is dodgy.

Mine flew well when it was airworthy; lot of clay in the tail and a bit on the left wing. Would like to build another someday, my teenage-self did a crap job finishing it back then.

well given that I was a teen back in '74...C6-3s. I understand that you can get them to loop at ejection if you use a C6-5 :).
Rex

I had the newer version and it flew great on a B6-2, the recommended engine. That is until the glider flew into a tree. Would really love to get another one. You would be doing yourself a disservice not to fly it! Go for it.

Glenn

Built one in the '70s that never flew as a rocket (destroyed it hand tossing the glider). Scrounged around for another as a BAR an it is in the build pile. Have a few others to build first.

Back