Build Piles

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk G

Reaction score
So often I hear rocketeers on this forum talk about how monsterously high their "build pile" is... or has become...

I always used to laugh, and think, "That'll never happen to me...I buy only what I want to build...and one or two at a time..."

Sadly, I looked behind my easy boy chair today, and discovered a box that my wife has been dumping all my unopened rocket kit packs into.

You guessed it...

I now have a "build pile" too....

Just for fun, let's all post a photo or a count (approximations accepted) of YOUR build pile, too....:smile:

Once upon a time I believed that the accumulated weight of “National Geographic” back issues in North America would eventually topple the Earth off its axis.

Now I’m worried about the accumulating weight of all our un-built rocket kits.

My build pile is a little more complex: I have about 15 sealed kits (some of which I will sell for loss of interest), 5 open kits in waiting, 10 builds in varying levels of progress, 8 vintage rockets that are restoration projects and one big accumulation of tubes, cones and balsa stock just waiting to be used. At this rate, I'm set for life.

Latest posts

Back