Are you there Tom Cohen? Its me, Layne...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Okay, after being involved in the rocketry community and with you off-beat characters here on TRF for decades, one expects to receive odd and amusing things from time to time. Be it Llama shirts, a multitude of cephalopod related items, slug suckers, canned cuttlefish, stickers, magnets, pearl filled goblets, pubic hair etc... etc...
Yesterday the wife hands for a beaten, haggard, dogeared box which had apparently been lost in her Amazon/Temu pile for some unknown period, and says, "I think this is for you".
Well no duh, it has my name on it. *grumble, grumble*
Inside was a NewWay rocket kit (didn't take a picture this morning, will add it later) and a love note from Tom Cohen. (It was very sweet Tom, thank you.)
It is a not for sale kit of one of his earliest builds. My first square rocket!
Geez, this guy builds the COOLEST rockets! He's all over Youtube.
Made a minimal effort to find Tom while at work this morning, with no success, am so too pushed for time these days.

So Tom, thank you. I am much in awe of your handiwork.
I'm not sure what I did to deserve a free NewWay rocket but I love it!

(And no I won't submit to a paternity test and have never lived in Alabama.)

Okay, after being involved in the rocketry community and with you off-beat characters here on TRF for decades, one expects to receive odd and amusing things from time to time. Be it Llama shirts, a multitude of cephalopod related items, slug suckers, canned cuttlefish, stickers, magnets, pearl filled goblets, pubic hair etc... etc...
Yesterday the wife hands for a beaten, haggard, dogeared box which had apparently been lost in her Amazon/Temu pile for some unknown period, and says, "I think this is for you".
Well no duh, it has my name on it. *grumble, grumble*
Inside was a NewWay rocket kit (didn't take a picture this morning, will add it later) and a love note from Tom Cohen. (It was very sweet Tom, thank you.)
It is a not for sale kit of one of his earliest builds. My first square rocket!
Geez, this guy builds the COOLEST rockets! He's all over Youtube.
Made a minimal effort to find Tom while at work this morning, with no success, am so too pushed for time these days.

So Tom, thank you. I am much in awe of your handiwork.
I'm not sure what I did to deserve a free NewWay rocket but I love it!

(And no I won't submit to a paternity test and have never lived in Alabama.)
NewWay has such amazing stuff!!

Back