Estes PSII Argent

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kehoes23

Reaction score
Has anyone done any mods on the Argent rocket? If so what mods did you do?
I got this kit and is still in the bag, I'm currently working on the Ramjet re-due, and once done I'm starting on the Argent and would like some ideas on mods.

Added Rail Buttons, baffle system, papered fins, 3rd Party Decals (Stickershock). I modded the 2nd one into a Cherokee D (29mm Powered) upscale.

Leave off the rear centering ring until after you do the internal fillets.

Oh, and for Heaven's sake... DON'T install the engine block. You limit the length of the motors you can use.

Last edited:
Epoxy Fillets, internal and external, NO motor block, rail buttons, and conversion of the lower coupler into an av-bay. That gives you just enough room to put in a 29/360 case and the shock cord. Now you have a DD rocket that will take just about as big of a motor as you can stuff in it. Flies great, and gets good performance.

Nate

Have you seen Daddyisabar's kit bash? Cool styling and a cluster too!

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?64452-Estes-PS-II-Kit-Bashing

I have an Argent kit awaiting a build some day, and I'm thinking this is the way I will probably go. I might even try to add electronics to air start (assuming I ever get to this project at all).

The Argent just got a new top section, I was able to save the boosters, fin can, transition and nose cone after the disastrous flight where the E9 blew at ignition. With those Estes sales you can pick up replacement parts cheap. It will fly again. Just have to figure out a new paint scheme.

Looking forward to ThirstyBarbarian's kitbash. With fall away boosters and electronically controlled air starts NASA will be calling him for rocketry advice!

The Argent just got a new top section, I was able to save the boosters, fin can, transition and nose cone after the disastrous flight where the E9 blew at ignition. With those Estes sales you can pick up replacement parts cheap. It will fly again. Just have to figure out a new paint scheme.

Looking forward to ThirstyBarbarian's kitbash. With fall away boosters and electronically controlled air starts NASA will be calling him for rocketry advice!

I've been giving NASA advice for years! Where do you think they come up with all the grand schemes that never come to anything?

Sean I just got 2761' on an H54 white.( according to my jolly logic 2) I got lucky with no wind.
only mods I did was to make it so I can use CTI 29mm 3 g case.

I'm not a fan of the glue-the-shockcord-to-the-inside-of-the-bodytube method uses on this larger rocket. Twice I have had a blanket get hung up on that and with no chute deployment I now have a shorter upper and shorter lower bodytube.

I'm not a fan of the glue-the-shockcord-to-the-inside-of-the-bodytube method uses on this larger rocket. Twice I have had a blanket get hung up on that and with no chute deployment I now have a shorter upper and shorter lower bodytube.

Ive never had that happen but I have certainly thought it could. I always made sure it was a smooth as possible inside using the method. What is your solution? Attach at centering ring possibly?

Latest posts

Back