Rocket Inspiration…

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out great Kevin!

Scott, made a little progress on your Booty chute yesterday. Ha ha, I said, "Booty chute".:D I put my Big Daddy in there for size comparison.....in the pic that is. Ok....I think I'd better quit typing now.:rolleyes:

That's a real nice chute you got going there. I'd be jealous if I wasn't already planning on using the chute I made myself in the Valkyrie.

Since you can make these up so quickly, will there be comemmorative FooseFest 3 parachutes for everyone? :)

kj

That turned out great Kevin!

Scott, made a little progress on your Booty chute yesterday. Ha ha, I said, "Booty chute".:D I put my Big Daddy in there for size comparison.....in the pic that is. Ok....I think I'd better quit typing now.:rolleyes:

Craig!
You expect me to cram that in a rocket, shoot it hundreds of feet in the air, let a blast of fire blow it out of a tube, let a heavy rocket tug on it and THEN let it possibly touch the ground?!?!?! You must be crazy.... That thing is just TOO nice!!! THANK YOU!!!:eek::eek::eek::D

That's a real nice chute you got going there. I'd be jealous if I wasn't already planning on using the chute I made myself in the Valkyrie.

Since you can make these up so quickly, will there be comemmorative FooseFest 3 parachutes for everyone? :)

kj

Those gored chutes take some time, but I'll see what I can do. Is a Hex chute OK? T-shirts maybe?

Craig!
You expect me to cram that in a rocket, shoot it hundreds of feet in the air, let a blast of fire blow it out of a tube, let a heavy rocket tug on it and THEN let it possibly touch the ground?!?!?! You must be crazy.... That thing is just TOO nice!!! THANK YOU!!!:eek::eek::eek::D

Of course I do! I'll be offended if you don't(unless it's the wrong size). That's like building a rocket and never flying it.:eek:

This was the first time trying to sew on ripstop nylon. We tried using a flexible, Saran type backing stabilizer on the design, so the chute wouldn't be too stiff after the sew out and could still be folded reasonably well. Since the nylon fabric is somewhat stretchy, it wants to pucker around the design. Mom was a little disappointed about that, but I sort of expected it.

Craig somehow Ive misssed this thread the last several days ? :confused:

I think you should let us pay for pizzas like we originally talked about prior to the second launch. You and your families hospitality is way above most. Just coming to your place and hanging out flying models and your family being so warm and friendly, wow !

Jim

Back to the rockets- I have gathered my tools (Harbour Freight had foam brushes on sale for 86 cents) and my bottle of Future, and will be starting to shine things up on the Valkyrie tonight. Need to make a motor adaptor, and should be ready for a flight by the 4th.

kj

Thought for sure we would have had some launch pictures or even videos to share after this weekend's launch, but alas, the winds were just a little high for both Scott's liking and mine on Sunday.

Still looking for that nice day to fly these rockets.

kj

I think it is going to be this coming Sat and neither one of you will be there ....sigh......

Scott,

If I remember correctly, long ago and far away, you had a R/C Monster Truck that shot fire, and I think you called Hot Stuff. I remember seeing it at one of the the Pearl River Conventions. It use the same errr.... adult cartoon female icon. I tried to dig thru my photo box to see if I could find a picture of it, but I didn't. I did manage to find a photo of Jim Flis with a full head of hair from that time frame.;)

Wow... Did I have that thing during the Pearl River days!? The body survives, but the truck was scrapped. Hot Stuff II was built a few years back on a different chassis, but Miss Cherry sat that paint job out :)

hot stuff 1_1.jpg

hot stuff 1_2.jpg

hs2lowres.jpg

Kevin and I brought the ladies out to show to some folks at the Blue Gray regional this past weekend. Could not (and did not even try to) fly them at an NAR event... But Josh managed to get the first picture of Kev and I together with the models... Funny... He also got a picture of our other team member Jess (his wife) holding the models and for some reason they look better than when Kev and I hold them:confused:

DSCN5590sm.jpg

DSCN5591.jpg

Scott and I took the gals out to FooseFest III this past weekend. Pirate's Booty flew once and the Valkyrie flew twice. Videos are still processing, I'll post them tonight or tomorrow. Foose4String and Rosko_Racer probably have nice pictures. :)

kj

I realized I never posted the videos. Doh!

Here is my Valkyrie-
[YOUTUBE]ghvTpijTb3k[/YOUTUBE]

And Scott's Pirate's Booty-
[YOUTUBE]wENEq34YKp4[/YOUTUBE]

So did Quest ever put the E and F motors in production? This is the first I've heard about them, and there's nothing on Quest's website.

So did Quest ever put the E and F motors in production? This is the first I've heard about them, and there's nothing on Quest's website.

These motors were first announced at NARAM-50.

Here's a link to a thread in the Archive: https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=47239&highlight=naram

The current status of these motors is unknown.

When I visited Quest back in November '09, I saw one of the 'F' motors in the R&D department. Bill asked me not to take any pictures while looking around the R&D department and he wouldn't let me 'have' the 'F' motor. :(

These motors were first announced at NARAM-50.

Here's a link to a thread in the Archive: https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=47239&highlight=naram

The current status of these motors is unknown.

When I visited Quest back in November '09, I saw one of the 'F' motors in the R&D department. Bill asked me not to take any pictures while looking around the R&D department and he wouldn't let me 'have' the 'F' motor. :(

Well, that's a crying shame.

Latest posts

Back