Zipperless Design

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyrocket

Reaction score
OK, quick question for those people who have done zipperless designs. I want to do a zipperless design and was thinking of using a centering ring instead of a bulkhead. My only concern is that the u-bolt attachment point my be weaker. Anyone done this before or have any thoughts?

Thanks.

Could work...The zipperless design I have uses a baffle right at the break point and the shock cord is attached to the top of the baffle using a length of all thread and an eye bolt..

OK, quick question for those people who have done zipperless designs. I want to do a zipperless design and was thinking of using a centering ring instead of a bulkhead. My only concern is that the u-bolt attachment point my be weaker. Anyone done this before or have any thoughts?

Thanks.

Glenn

I have used center rings on several zipperless fin cans. Here is a picture of a 4" airframe with a 38mm motor mount. The center ring at the top of the coupler is a reinforcement to spread the side load of the shock cord and prevent the coupler from zippering.

John

Thanks John! That looks like a good solution as well. I thought of that as well, but for some reason I did not think about putting the u-bolt on the motor centering ring.

Back