Your favorite Rocketry Tool

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of a little over a week ago, this has transformed from my worst 6 month nightmare, to the top of the list as my favorite. What an ordeal....but now maybe I can keep up with you guys.

Oh, and now I can get back to new product development as I get caught up and pile up stuff on the shelf. Keep an eye out for some new parts soon.......

IMG_1692.JPG

A 100 watt incandescent light bulb. I use it to accelerate the cure time of epoxy, especially in fin fillets.

Bamboo kebob skewers and round toothpicks for applying adhesives.

Various dowel lengths and thicknesses - useful in countless ways.

Thick, spongy mouse pad. Very helpful when rolling card stock.

My personal graphics suite: The GIMP, Inkscape, Irfanview. (Total cost: $0.)

Computer and Internet ,

back in the 70's first round in rockets all we had was mail order , to estes took weeks

Hmmm. Good question. I have a lot of good tools. My Dremmel comes in very handy, as does my trusty Estes Fin Guide. I also have a set of Craftsman Robo Grip Pliers that makes removing wedged in spent motors a snap. I find that my square does an excellent job marking accurate lines up the airframe, and I have very effectively used a miter saw setup to cut airframes quickly and accurately. I also have a vibrating sander that I can flip upside down, clamp into my vise, and use to bevel fins. Hard to say which one I like the best.

TRF

While the use thereof doesn't "build" the rocket, it has been one of the most favorable references when designing and building. I ask questions, complete strangers answer!

TRF

While the use thereof doesn't "build" the rocket, it has been one of the most favorable references when designing and building. I ask questions, complete strangers answer!

I would have to agree. I wouldn't have accomplished half of what I have if it wasn't for this forum.

i think that means your kinda a tool....HAHA...
i was going to say nearly the same thing. Gives me time to brain chew..

I like to use Cad with my builds... (dont have the fancy cnc of scott, or a lazer yet... but maybe in a decade or 2...)
render3.jpg
a new nozzle i am making this weekend for a new rocket... Maybe a build thread soon?? who knows.

Simple utility knife. Sharp and beefy enough to cut through plastic and balsa wood for most of ths kits

Back