You might be a rocket geek if...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom found my stash of magazines under my mattress today.... She couldn't believe her eyes at the size of the ummm... yeah.... those things.

And the nudity. Almost everything was naked.

She had found my Extreme Rocketry stash. :p

You might be a rocket geek if you...

...hide rocketry magazines under your mattress! :grin:

Have your rockets delivered to a sympathetic friends house (so you can smuggle them into your home when mom's not looking)(Guilty).

The high point of your two week family vacation, which included Mt Rushmore, Mammoth Site, Sturgis/Deadwood, a week on a ranch in Montana and Yellowstone, was a guided tour of the Apogee HQ in Colorado Springs, Co.
I was like a kid in a candy store, my wife just didn't understand...

Last edited:
If you have rockets in your bathroom. :D
I'd admit to having wet-sanded rockets in the bathroom, none are stored there. The kitchen, OTOH...

And I have those TJ rocket crackers in the cupboard currently. I still prefer Goldfish, though, especially in pizza flavor...
tongue.png

If you still play with your GI-Joe Space Capsule in the bath tub and send Rescue Joe's in inflatable rafts for the rescue.

... empty paper towel tubes put a smile on your face.

When "running out of parts" means, you only have 4 left, of any given part you usually keep on hand, or use often.

TP tubes, paper towel and Christmas paper wrapping tubes are not what they used to be. If you like frugal rocketry, opt out for aluminum foil tubes, plastic wrap tubes and maybe a wax paper tube. I've gone as far as using the 4" tube from a Planter's peanut can and a 6" Great Value coffee can to make tail rings with. Those are some really sturdy tubes, if you don't mind resurfacing both sides.

...you hope the current Estes sale lasts until your next paycheck.
...you have so many "wish list" rockets you forget which websites they're on.
...you keep hoping someone will ask about the paint on your shoes, so you can say "Oh, that? That's from painting rockets..."
...you read about the recent NAR member number 100000 being issued and think why wasn't that me???
...you wonder why your local bar trivia doesn't have more rocketry-related questions. I mean, seriously, guys! You call this a "science" category??? WHERE ARE THE ROCKETS???

When watching television, a commercial comes on, and it's the top left of this frame, played for about a quarter of a second that catches your attention:

I have no idea what store that is, but I'm glad to see rockets :)

Nate

When watching television, a commercial comes on, and it's the top left of this frame, played for about a quarter of a second that catches your attention:

I have no idea what store that is, but I'm glad to see rockets :)

Nate

If it has rockets then it's a good store. :)

Face it, you're on this forum already, reading this thread. You're a rocket geek.

Back