Glue glue my world is glue, glue is my world, now I'm without glue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Bonus point if you can understand the title.

I 're-entered' rocketry about 4 or 5 months ago. So I am a Two BAR. Or T-BAR. :D
1972 - A Rocketeer, 1997 a BAR, and 2022 a re-bar! :p

But as I dropped out in 2017 I find 5 years later all my wood glue has little lumps. The Titebond I have all has micro lumps in it that show when I use it for fillets. I did not notice it until then

Many of the hobby epoxies have thicken to the point of being useless. Epoxy clay is epoxy rock.

Even the Pro SYSTEM III from 2002 (yep... a gallon and a half can last quite a while) does not seem to cure as well or right.

Arlene's tacky is now Arlene's Never Flow.

So I have replaced most of my epoxy (still System III), all of the clay, tossed the titebond and bought a 12oz Titebond II.

The Zap (Pacer) CA thin is still a-ok all these years later.

Woodworkers consider Titebond to have a life of about 12 months. I do some woodworking so I usually use up a bottle within 12 months. I would suggest throwing out the other glue and using this as an opportunity to buy all new.

Bloxygen works well for expensive oil based finishes. Not sure how it would work with regular glue, but likely the cost would be prohibitive. I think it is just a spray can of mostly Argon, but could be wrong. Having said that, I imagine if you have a welder with Argon as the shielding gas, it would be an easy thing to try. I doubt it would help with epoxy, but I could be wrong.

Sandy.

Rocketpoxy perfect no run fillets.
Wonderful stuff!

And I had good luck with some leftover JB Weld wood filler epoxy putty.
I'm out of both Rocketpoxy and JB Weld.

I have to build a 3" to 2.26", 2-stager that will reach over 5000'.

Should I order a $26 Rocketpoxy kit?
Should I get JB Weld at some local hardware store for half the price?

🤔

I've been pondering this for almost a week now 😆

Have you considered starting a glue thread to find which is the best epoxy?
Yes... plus a battery thread for the best batteries. And a Telescope thread for the best low cost telescope (which is an oxymoron), and a thread for the best rocket vehicle. And a thread for why you must buy 'this' kit. Or a thread for 'this is an best rocket and you should buy the kit. And a thread for why voting for GOP is the worse recent idea since suicide. And a thread explaining why Biden does not control oil prices. And a thread why Estes should bring back the B14. And a thread why real amateur astronomers are visual observers and imagers are ruining the night sky. And a thread why science is what IS and everything else is wishful thinking. And a thread why there is no such things as Alternative Medicine because if it works, it IS medicine. And a thread why confirmation bias is rampant on the net. And a thread on why Chevy is WAY better than Found Dead On Road. And a thread on there is no fairy in the sky. If there was, it would have shown itself and not killed millions of humans. Shall I go on? No I shall not. End of my thread. Oh I missed an obvious few, a thread about why I am hated on TRF for expressing such truths, and why atheist like me are hated universally.
I am sure I can come up with more.

:music1: :questions::headspinning::eek::clapping:

Last edited:
Yes... plus a battery thread for the best batteries. And a Telescope thread for the best low cost telescope (which is an oxymoron), and a thread for the best rocket vehicle. And a thread for why you must buy 'this' kit. Or a thread for 'this is an best rocket and you should buy the kit. And a thread for why voting for GOP is the worse recent idea since suicide. And a thread explaining why Biden does not control oil prices. And a thread why Estes should bring back the B14. And a thread why real amateur astronomers are visual observers and imagers are ruining the night sky. And a thread why science is what IS and everything else is wishful thinking. And a thread why there is no such things as Alternative Medicine because if it works, it IS medicine. And a thread why confirmation bias is rampant on the net. And a thread on why Chevy is WAY better than Found Dead On Road. And a thread on there is no fairy in the sky. If there was, it would have shown itself and not killed millions of humans. Shall I go on? No I shall not. End of my thread. Oh I missed an obvious few, a thread about why I am hated on TRF for expressing such truths, and why atheist like me are hated universally.

So, what we need is a thread on the best subject for a thread!

Thanks you and this thread I have had a particular ear-worm going through my mind for the past couple of days. I need to think of a suitable song and return the favour.

Last edited:
Sugarland - Stuck Like Glue.
Country music. The music of White Racists. Except those that point to Charlie Pride and say "SEE! We had a black singer!" :p

Woodworkers consider Titebond to have a life of about 12 months. I do some woodworking so I usually use up a bottle within 12 months. I would suggest throwing out the other glue and using this as an opportunity to buy all new.
Good to know. Time to toss my TB2 and TB3 then. Probably won't replace the TB2.

Good to know. Time to toss my TB2 and TB3 then. Probably won't replace the TB2.
I looked it up to be sure of what I said. Titebond's official statement is that the glue should remain usable for 2 years, and if it still looks like original and has similar viscosity then it is usable beyond 2 years.

The 78 and 33 1/3 rpm traditional record speeds were basically arbitrary, given some general objectives about length of play and sonic quality. Some info citing RIAA sources here: https://www.wondriumdaily.com/music...about-you-but-ive-always-wondered-about-that/

The 78 speed was the result of a specific motor that was available in 1931, and it was more like 78.26 rpm.

This is a Schrödinger thread...depending on where you look, it may or may not be a glue thread.

This may get the best reply of the year award. Then get you banned.......

I have no idea who you really are, but clearly, we are brothers. Plus you have a cat as your avatar.

Where I used to work, one of the idiots got everyone with the baby shark song; so I retaliated with "Focus" by hocus pocus. Then, I got him with two 70's commercials That I won't name, one McD, and one BK. My boss called me later for Mercy; he was passing them on to everyone else.
There is a simple technique for getting rid of earworms; I sell that secret, however. :)

Back