• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

You might be a child in the 70s if:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You remember life without an ATM.
I've never used an ATM other than the one at the bank. And used it exactly twice. I'm a rebel without a head. Brain. Cause. Something. :)

and to continue...
...you went to drive-in movies.
...avocado green and harvest gold, the only two colors in the kitchen (except white).
...you drank presweetened Kool-Aid that contained cyclamate sweetener. And didn't die.
...the 800-pound bears at the shopping mall were JC Penney and Sears. (Possibly others)

Miles of orange Hot Wheels track snaking throughout your house on a Saturday morning...

...and having one less purple connector than you needed!
Saturday morning?! No way. That was Saturday afternoon — Saturday morning was for CARTOONS!

Saturday morning?! No way. That was Saturday afternoon — Saturday morning was for CARTOONS!

Me and my brother were skilled multi-taskers from an early age. Hot Wheels and cartoons went together like biscuits and gravy.

Besides, Saturday afternoon was for model airplanes, rockets, horses, mini-bikes, G.I. Joes in the field out back, unlicensed pyrotechnics (sometime in combo with G.I. Joe), BB gun fights, bicycle drag races (with parachutes), the big rope swing down by the creek, and jumping your bike over your friends, amongst other things...

Great times!

Not having to worry that if you asked for help from a stranger you would be kidnapped or molested.
kids of all ages roamed the streets without supervision or anyone worrying something bad would happen to them

You remember 8 track tapes.
My grandfather flew a Lear 23 for many years. Growing up, he always worked with me on projects in his shop after he retired. Frequently he'd play music from the mint condition Learjet branded 8 track player on the shelf there. I asked about it one day and it came up that Bill Lear gave it to him on one of the trips back to their headquarters dealing with an issue on the plane.

...you drank presweetened Kool-Aid that contained cyclamate sweetener. And didn't die.
Cyclamates were banned in the US in 1969...

Not having to worry that if you asked for help from a stranger you would be kidnapped or molested.
kids of all ages roamed the streets without supervision or anyone worrying something bad would happen to them
Not in my 70s. Timmy King was in my hockey league…took two years before we could go out and play again…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_County_Child_Killer

Back