Wood Glue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never use T-Nuts, always 2 buttons, one in the top centering ring and one in the bottom centering ring usually with drywall screws.
DSC00152.JPG

Where did you get those buttons?

Andrew

BTW He is building an upscale of the old Estes 22 Swift. I up scaled it in Open Rocket for him and his dad.

Also using a caulking gun how do you keep the glue from drying out.

Andrew

Looked at you blog. Who made that nose cone? That is way cool.

Andrew

BTW He is building an upscale of the old Estes 22 Swift. I up scaled it in Open Rocket for him and his dad.

Andrew
Use a nail in the tip like with caulking.

Looked at you blog. Who made that nose cone? That is way cool.

Andrew
Mine? Man, I forgot about that blog and haven't updated it in a while.

That Nosecone was made by my grandfather. I sent him a small piece of the tube and he turned it on a lathe for me. It came out a lot better than I expected. It's made of pine and weighs ~2lbs.

Nice job on the "Big Cletus". Great photo, too. Every time I see one I think what a great Big Red Max it would make.

Thanks for the tip on using the Titebond construction adhesive for the fillets. I plan to give that a try. Obviously you smoothed them...did you use a tool, finger, soaked in alcohol?
Just put a latex glove on then dip a finger in water.
Where did you get those buttons?

Andrew
I work at LOC/Precision and those are our 1515 buttons.

Do you use a caulking gun with that glue or what?

Andrew
Yes

Andrew
It's cheap enough that I through it out after finishing a project.

Man that glue is somethin' else. We did the outer fillets and they look great. Easy to work with. I think I will use it on my next rocket. Cheaper that Epoxy for sure.

Andrew

Back