Why hello there! It's been awhile TRF.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAHagen

Reaction score
Hello! It's been a quick minute since I've been on here... Like a 5 year minute. haha.

It's been a really long time so I just wanted to get on here, introduce myself, and see who I know is still active 5 years later.

As a quick introduction, I was heavily involved with HPR and TRF in middle school all the way through High School. I started as a ghost member learning from others and asking random questions but over time I began starting up my own conversations and working through the certifications available to me at the time (my signature probably still says I'm a junior Level 1 cert... I'm 23 now 😂). Through amateur rocketry, I learned INSANLEY useful and hands-on skills that I wouldn't trade for the world. A lot of it can also be attributed to the people here on this forum. Seriously, to those who helped me through my builds: y'all are awesome. Like really. Seriously. Awesome.

My "Last Hurrah" in high school was a rocket I called Gt-R (go take a gander if you're curious!). It was a 29mm MD build that was a my pride and joy when it was finished. Unfortunately, shortly after finishing it, I lost the rocket (along with 6 months of work and a $300 tracker) on a mid-range shakedown flight. Ouch. After that I got out of the hobby, more or less, for a while. Just couldn't afford a new tracker, lost some of the passion, and got REALLY busy with college.

Fast forwarding to now and I just graduated university with my bachelors degree in Aerospace Engineering, and now I get paid to play with real rockets 5-days a week!

With that, I'm finally looking into getting back into the hobby, and possibly jumping back into the forum! I found out in college that I absolutely love helping people so I thought maybe this is a good way to give advice to newer members, and maybe even pull my weight in the more advanced categories... We'll see how it pans out!

Anyways, nice to meet ya! Have a great day!

Congrats On the degree, and welcome back.

You were from the Dallas area, correct? Hung out with DARS and the Tripoli NT folks? I feel like I remember you, awesome rockets, even better camera.

Congrats On the degree, and welcome back.

You were from the Dallas area, correct? Hung out with DARS and the Tripoli NT folks? I feel like I remember you, awesome rockets, even better camera.
Yeah I think that was me! I met with the DARS people and got my Tripoli Mentor Cert too. I'm actually in Waco now for work, probably will try looking around for a club here to work with.

Latest posts

Back