Whoops, guess what I forgot?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketflierVB

Reaction score
Making a beefed up version of Launch Pad's RIM-67A to fly on 29mm. Was in the process of Epoxy fillets when I realized I forgot to attach the shock cord... Anyone got a technique to do this post assembly?

Eric

Attachments

• PXL_20201216_191421987.jpg
    PXL_20201216_191421987.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 55
If its engine ejection take a 1/4 inch thick centering ring and mount an eye bolt to it. Use a long stick to apply glue way down the tube and slide the centering ring down to the glue. For extra strength add a short length of coupler tube with a bit a glue butted up on top of the ring.

I have a wire hook and I make my harness out of kevlar that I sew a loop in. Drop the loop, pull it thorough with the hook, run the tag end though the loop, pull tight.....and it's removable and serviceable at any time.

HMU if you need me to sew some kevlar for you, I'm just down the road from you.

I have a wire hook and I make my harness out of kevlar that I sew a loop in. Drop the loop, pull it thorough with the hook, run the tag end though the loop, pull tight.....and it's removable and serviceable at any time.

HMU if you need me to sew some kevlar for you, I'm just down the road from you.
Hey Tom! Come over and let's talk shop :) I would like to look at some Kevlar solutions. Maybe we can make some motors.

This is how I do mine. It can take some finagling with the coat hangers but with a little patience you can do it.

-Bob

Fish it through the eyebolt (you can use a long piece of all-thread or something to help guide it and pull it through), tie a loop into one end, and pull the other end through the loop and let the loop tighten up down against the eye bolt.

Fish it through the eyebolt (you can use a long piece of all-thread or something to help guide it and pull it through), tie a loop into one end, and pull the other end through the loop and let the loop tighten up down against the eye bolt.

Yep, that's the way I do it. Works like a charm.

Back