Which out of business model rocket company would you like to see resurrected?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance of going "Der Red Max" style with Arapahoe's? 13mm, 18mm, and 29mm sizing?

That's getting way too far ahead of things at the moment. I've yet to see what John is actually sending or how much work will be involved in this. We also have 10 other kits in the pipeline and adding just one more will reshuffle the deck.

Don, how about the Duster!? (While John is in a sharing mood)

I'm not sure which kit that is, I don't have a list of the kits and I can't remember them all. It seems John is sending physical media instead of electronic files so I don't want to ask for anything unless I'm absolutely sure I'm going to be able to use it because of the time and cost involved on his end.

I'm not sure which kit that is, I don't have a list of the kits and I can't remember them all. It seems John is sending physical media instead of electronic files so I don't want to ask for anything unless I'm absolutely sure I'm going to be able to use it because of the time and cost involved on his end.

Link below. It was a popular kit due to unique split din design:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/duster---thrustline-aerospace.html

https://www.rocketreviews.com/unknown-duster.html

https://archive.rocketreviews.com/reviews/all/oop_ta_duster.shtml

Last edited:
Dynacom. snip......and to see one they were spectacular.
Dynacom set the bar very high with....

M

Maybe so but one thing for sure, each one was a finely tuned work of art and each a shame to paint. Complete attention to detail and ahead of their time.

There has always been and will always be a market for that, even in our miniscule hobby.

Jamey #5295

Atlantic--They released a heavy-duty sport scale V-2 the same size as the Estes semi-scale V-2. They were developing an X-1 model when they shut down.

Aardvark Rockets--Spot scale missile models with cast resin nose cones.

Aardvark Rockets--Spot scale missile models with cast resin nose cones.

Yeah, I've got a 2.6" SAAB and 2.6" ASP from them and they were pretty nice. Flew the ASP for the first time just last year and just need to paint the SAAB. Bought them in ~2003 or there about.

I forgot about Scale Rockets of Michigan. I loved the quality of their products. Great mid-power lineup.

I've seen this kind of thread on TRF more times than I can count. People going on about stuff they can't get anymore but wish they could. It almost seems like a group torture session over lost opportunities and wishful thinking.

Except......

I've just been in touch with John at Thrustline and he's going to send me the information to begin producing the Arapaho E. Unfortunately, the way he's probably going to send it will mean we have to completely recreate the instructions and everything else. So, don't look for this next week or anything, it's going to take a little while.
Great! I have cloned the Arapahoe E as a downscale but would love to buy a "real" one and will plan to get one when available!

Back to original discussion, I sorely miss Gordy's Excelsior Rocketry custom decals. I think ALPS printer problems forced him to shut down that service. Was up and down for a while but I think there was a note on YORF he was wrapping up the decal thing.

I've seen this kind of thread on TRF more times than I can count. People going on about stuff they can't get anymore but wish they could. It almost seems like a group torture session over lost opportunities and wishful thinking...

That's the idea SS, b/c you never know who may come up and say "I have one, I'll measure it up and send the info to you!". I've done it twice (my oldest rocket is circa 1977) . ANYTHING is better than nothing, and sometimes just getting an accurate design is enough that the decals don't even matter anymore (stickershock and DCD com to mind!). Or, as in my case with the interceptor, I want to upscale to a 4" tube and big power. I can reproduce the plastics, but need an original unbuilt (built is ok too) to measure up

just a thought

fm

Last edited:
That's the idea SS, b/c you never know who may come up and say "I have one, I'll measure it up and send the info to you!". I've done it twice (my oldest rocket is circa 1977) . ANYTHING is better than nothing, and sometimes just getting an accurate design is enough that the decals don't even matter anymore (stickershock and DCD com to mind!). Or, as in my case with the interceptor, I want to upscale to a 4" tube and big power. I can reproduce the plastics, but need an original unbuilt (built is ok too) to measure up

just a thought

fm

If you repeat my entire thought, instead of snipping out the payoff, you get a better idea of where I was going with it.

I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned yet - Ellis Mountain!
Oh Hell yeah! And yes-I did that for emphasis-get over it. I don't understand why his formulas died with him. Ever notice how the alt records had to be reset? Yup. If you didn't know, you weren't there. He was a sterling person and smart as a whip, but a really great guy with really good mojo. Dang- I'd sell my Mom for one of his long burns now. She comes in a pretty box now, but details, eh?, details......

VAUGHN BROTHERS !

I bought a VB tShirt & sweatshirt from Discount Rocketry at LDRS

Maybe i will set up my Punisher Spoet fin can like the vb extreme

Kenny

Maximum Thrust rocketry and Rocketman had some pretty cool kits , I still own a space Hawk I fly on GOOD flying days !

Oh Hell yeah! And yes-I did that for emphasis-get over it. I don't understand why his formulas died with him. Ever notice how the alt records had to be reset? Yup. If you didn't know, you weren't there. He was a sterling person and smart as a whip, but a really great guy with really good mojo. Dang- I'd sell my Mom for one of his long burns now. She comes in a pretty box now, but details, eh?, details......

Unfortunately, I suspect that most of his documentation is gone. I personally would love to see these back.

May I mention Space Age Industries (SAI)? And not just because of their cool business logo, but because I wanna build a Hen Grenade. I mean, I really wanna build a Hen Grenade.

Hey, how about Binder Design? I was just named CEO a year ago and have three more years on my commitment before retiring (for good) so I can't buy it. Someone that knows what the heck they are doing buy it please!!

Last edited:
Back