Where to launch, Olympic Peninsula, WA State

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirkTheDaring

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be in the Port Angeles area in a few weeks and I'm wondering if there is a place to launch around there. The Olympic Peninsular Rocketry site is pretty out of date (https://4hrockets.blogspot.com/). It mentions one location, but it was years ago and I have no idea if it's still available (Discovery Bay ,Wa. 922 W. Uncas Rd.).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

The last time I talked to John Ludwig (who was behind OPROC and is now the nominal contact for PSRC — Puget Sound Rocketry Club — NAR section 763) he told me that that field is still usable for rocketry. More recently, I haven't had any real luck getting in touch. I know when I talked to him last he was working on his house to prepare to sell, but wasn't moving too far away, though he would be further from the Uncas Road site — which is a cow pasture — than he was before.

I just popped over to the club Facebook page and it looks like he hasn't been there for awhile. So it's hard to tell the status of the site.

I haven't flown there since OPROC sort of blew away as the kids it was created for grew and moved on, so it's been several years.

Back