• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Where to find ellis mountain motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any vendors that still have any ellis mountain motors. Ken at performance doesn't and that was probably my best bet. Needs to be L1 friendly too...

Robert Ellis died following a skiing accident a few years ago (2007, I think). The motors are no longer in production.

Robert Ellis died following a skiing accident a few years ago (2007, I think). The motors are no longer in production.

I know, that is why I want to fly one. That's why I asked who has any left. I would also like to fly an AMW load. Which is probably about the same level of ease.

I would argue current generation cgi pro38's are even easier than the old Ellis mountain single 29mm's.

The delay tool makes the cti easier.

Oh yeah, Ellis mountains alsonhad a tendency to cato.

If you like snap ring motors ..... try LOKI. I think you'll be pleased.

I know, that is why I want to fly one. That's why I asked who has any left. I would also like to fly an AMW load. Which is probably about the same level of ease.

There are still AMW classic reloads available mostly in 54mm. Ken Allen and Robert DeHate has some.

The key to the Ellis single use was a long burn motor that single use. There is nothing compariable out there.

The key to the Ellis single use was a long burn motor that single use. There is nothing compariable out there.
I flew an H50 once. Burned forever.

OTOH, the I69, basically a stretched H50, was notorious for going bang :(
Wolf-rupture-2-5.jpg

(BTW, Robert made good on it, and gave me an H50 and a G30-something (24mm) in return.)

Doug

I flew an H50 once. Burned forever.

OTOH, the I69, basically a stretched H50, was notorious for going bang :(
I've flown I69's, just the motor with an extension on the front for a streamer and fins glued to the motor case. Fast, high, and never found :D No catos.

I like loki, and cti.

but I want to fly an ellis motor for, special reasons. I want to try to find and fly a bunch of motors that are OOP, or just in my mind, cool.

Back