Quantcast

Where are all the Squirrel Works build threads?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

neil_w

Working on 20K
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Squirrel Works seems like a really nice vendor with a lot of cool kits... But there are hardly any build threads of their stuff to be found, and very few gallery entries.

If I had more building bandwidth I'd probably do several, but given my limitations I'm just gonna focus on one, possible the Liberator or the Interstellar Probe, for a winter build (yes, I like to plan in advance. :))

But I'd really like to see some more examples of how these kits go together. Where are they hiding?

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
They're not hiding, they're just not here. Our kits have never been really popular on the forum, at least not with the active members. When Troj was running the forum, he told me that most of the members didn't even realize we made kits, despite the ad at the top of the page. I think we're probably more popular among the lurkers and that's okay.

neil_w

Working on 20K
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'll do my part by doing a build thread when I do mine. Are your instructions available online anywhere? Seeing them in advance would be helpful (and would help in choosing a kit).

d11rok

Reaction score
Hmm indeed, these are really neat looking kits! Will also be purchasing likely 2 when the Madame chooses the one she wants from winning the LPR challenge (sigh). Will also start a build thread

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Are your instructions available online anywhere? Seeing them in advance would be helpful (and would help in choosing a kit).
We no longer have our instructions online, that created problems. You can always shoot us an email with any questions though.

samb

Lifetime Member
Reaction score

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
and a title search on "squirrel works" here brings up 3 pages of threads, with maybe two pages worth started by Don. :)

I'm going to start another thread next week when we release the new kit. ;)

rharshberger

Reaction score
Yes, nice to see it back.
Thats one step closer.

Edit: The quote inserted above was not the one selected by me, it seems to be a random one from another thread.

However the Arapahoe fins are looking great.

Last edited:

manixFan

Not a rocket scientist
Reaction score
I've built several Squirrel Works kits and they have all been great. The decals are very nice as well. My favorite is probably the Red Baron as it's the first rocket glider kit I got to actually glide decently. I really like the new Yankee Clipper as it does invoke sense of futuristic nostalgia.

Tony

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I've bought a couple of their kits, but haven't built them yet. I'd love to see a build of the Tardis/Police box kit since that's on my short list. I saw one their spaceplane rockets at a launch last summer and was intrigued. I've never had a glider rocket, but bought the Red Baron a couple months ago. I might add the Dogfight as well...

aerostadt

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I had the Mega Red Baron, but had mixed results. The balsa in the kit is very high quality. I have the smaller Red Baron, too, and have had good results with it. If you go to the TRF category Rocket Boosted Gliders, you can find many postings and threads on these 2 kits. There is even a thread for a R/C conversion of the Mega Red Baron.

rharshberger

Reaction score
I've bought a couple of their kits, but haven't built them yet. I'd love to see a build of the Tardis/Police box kit since that's on my short list. I saw one their spaceplane rockets at a launch last summer and was intrigued. I've never had a glider rocket, but bought the Red Baron a couple months ago. I might add the Dogfight as well...
We have a regular at our launches that flies a Red Baron and its a great flier.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sending John a check on Monday so I'm hoping people will actually buy the kit.