Where are all the Squirrel Works build threads?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Squirrel Works seems like a really nice vendor with a lot of cool kits... But there are hardly any build threads of their stuff to be found, and very few gallery entries.

If I had more building bandwidth I'd probably do several, but given my limitations I'm just gonna focus on one, possible the Liberator or the Interstellar Probe, for a winter build (yes, I like to plan in advance. :))

But I'd really like to see some more examples of how these kits go together. Where are they hiding?

They're not hiding, they're just not here. Our kits have never been really popular on the forum, at least not with the active members. When Troj was running the forum, he told me that most of the members didn't even realize we made kits, despite the ad at the top of the page. I think we're probably more popular among the lurkers and that's okay.

Well I'll do my part by doing a build thread when I do mine. Are your instructions available online anywhere? Seeing them in advance would be helpful (and would help in choosing a kit).

Hmm indeed, these are really neat looking kits! Will also be purchasing likely 2 when the Madame chooses the one she wants from winning the LPR challenge (sigh). Will also start a build thread

Are your instructions available online anywhere? Seeing them in advance would be helpful (and would help in choosing a kit).

We no longer have our instructions online, that created problems. You can always shoot us an email with any questions though.

No build thread but I did glue some fins together today!

DSCF0920.JPG

I've built several Squirrel Works kits and they have all been great. The decals are very nice as well. My favorite is probably the Red Baron as it's the first rocket glider kit I got to actually glide decently. I really like the new Yankee Clipper as it does invoke sense of futuristic nostalgia.

Tony

I've bought a couple of their kits, but haven't built them yet. I'd love to see a build of the Tardis/Police box kit since that's on my short list. I saw one their spaceplane rockets at a launch last summer and was intrigued. I've never had a glider rocket, but bought the Red Baron a couple months ago. I might add the Dogfight as well...

I had the Mega Red Baron, but had mixed results. The balsa in the kit is very high quality. I have the smaller Red Baron, too, and have had good results with it. If you go to the TRF category Rocket Boosted Gliders, you can find many postings and threads on these 2 kits. There is even a thread for a R/C conversion of the Mega Red Baron.

I've bought a couple of their kits, but haven't built them yet. I'd love to see a build of the Tardis/Police box kit since that's on my short list. I saw one their spaceplane rockets at a launch last summer and was intrigued. I've never had a glider rocket, but bought the Red Baron a couple months ago. I might add the Dogfight as well...

We have a regular at our launches that flies a Red Baron and its a great flier.

Back