What's your favorite Aerotech propellant?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
I had a discussion thread on the NAR forum with a google form asking people what their favorite propellant is. I didn't get a good amount of results, so I am reopening the google form here. I am pretty sure I will get more results on this forum. Feel free to post your answer and/or pictures of your rocket launching on that propellant. Please note that you can only vote once, and you can not unvote once your vote is placed. Also, the official results will ONLY be the ones on the google doc, so if you post your answer in this thread, and want it to count in the official results, please fill out your answer in the form to!

Enjoy!

What's your favorite Aerotech propellant? Form

So long as we’re just answering the thread without a poll, I’m going with Black Max, especially the ones in the Q-Jet line. They’re easy to ignite and the noise is a softer crackle than you’d expect for a motor with so much get-up-and-go, very unique and sure to draw attention on a range that flies mostly Estes motors. It seems like every other time I fly one with DART I get people asking “what was THAT?”

Better make nice with your club’s quartermaster if you fly these with any regularity though, they make a bit of a mess of the GSE.

The only one I really don't like is their "Classic". Per their site:

AeroTech’s exclusive Classic Propellant™ aerospace grade composite propellant formulation, which produces impressive lift-offs with visible supersonic shock diamonds emanating from a transparent ignition flame with translucent exhaust plume and no smoke that appears to make your rocket leap-off the launch pad.

When they say "Transparent and Translucent" they are spot on. The rocket looks more like it's shot out of a silo.

If you don't want to go to the google form, just post it here and mention that your answer is not in the google form. Then I will count it in final results.

The only one I really don't like is their "Classic". Per their site:

AeroTech’s exclusive Classic Propellant™ aerospace grade composite propellant formulation, which produces impressive lift-offs with visible supersonic shock diamonds emanating from a transparent ignition flame with translucent exhaust plume and no smoke that appears to make your rocket leap-off the launch pad.

When they say "Transparent and Translucent" they are spot on. The rocket looks more like it's shot out of a silo.

I'm actually looking forward to playing with this some. I like clean-burning, efficient, high-performance vehicles.

White Lightning is on the top of my list. The true classic white lightning. Not the newer one where the flame is and smoke does not look right :(. Blue thunder is my second favorite, followed by black max, black jack.

The white lightning propellant is my favorite but I do agree that the ones that look weird are bad.

The only AT propellants I don't like are Classic and Blue Thunder smaller than a J or so.

I voted for Dark Matter when this was on the NAR forum.

I used to say white lightning (which I still love, the sound and the longer burn times are great) but recently I have really come to like redline and Mojave green. To put this all in order:

1) Redline
2) Mojave green
3) white lightning

(Not submitted on the google form)

1) Propellant X
2) Warp 9
3) Super Thunder

I love thrust and I love impulse.

For me its got to be Mojave Green. Not many people launch them and the green flame is a nice change from red and white.
AT green is too fast. I DO like CTI green. However, the AT green is the easiest to light (AT, CTI, AMW).

Back