What's on Your Bench?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My current Bench:
Ready for Primer;
BT-60 upscale Cherokee-D w/ long 24mm engine mount
BT-56 Cherokee-D w/ 18mm engine mount
BT-55 upscale WAC Corporal w/ 18mm engine mount
BT-55 upscale Wizard with 18mm engine mount
K-37 Astron Scrambler Clone 3x18mm (Decals from Semroc)
Quest Courier (Need to do the build thread)
Estes Alpha
Estes Xarconian Cruiser (Needs engine mount and tail cone installed)
Estes Solar Warrior

Primed - Ready for Wet Sanding;
BT-60 upscale Wizard w/ long 24mm engine mount
BT-50 upscale Wizard w/ 18mm engine mount
Wizard (Old style water slide decals for all Wizards courtesy of Sandman)
BT-20 Wizard w/ 13mm engine mount
BT-5 down scale Wizard w/ 13mm engine mount
BT-50 w/ 1950's Sci-Fi style fins & 13mm engine mount (Man to Mars Rocket)
Centuri Spirit of America Clone (Balsa Fins)
InFlight Goblin Clone (Nose Cone Painted)

Partially Painted or Repaint Needed;
Bull Pup 12D (Repaint) stick on decals
Hi-Flyer XL (Black is done, needs Red & Decals)

Bullet Boob Bertha needs Vinyl Decals Installed (Black/Yellow Paint Scheme) Pictures Coming

Various Build Stages;
Alpha Clone (engine mount changes)
Ninja-D (my design scratch build)
Scrappy-55 (my design scratch build)
Super Flea & Javelin Clones (No Decals)
BT-60 upscale E2X Heatseeker Clone w/ long 24mm engine mount

Last edited:
Fly the University of Tennessee Chattanooga’s SEDS multistage L-1 high power competition rocket this weekend. (The prof volunteered me).

Test fly X1.4 24mm MD scratch build on a G-145 sometime at Tampa. Sand and clear coat X1.4.

Sand and paint Estes Conquest.
Sand and paint Wildman RB-05A.
No new builds for this year. I’m a broke college kid happy at L-1.

Last edited:
Proper tannic apple cider - ferment done, ready for racking.
Mixed grape wine - ready for distilling
Red fleshed cider - in ferment
In the cooler, waiting to be pitched : more bitter cider, proper Perry.
Collecting apples: late season colonial American, high phenylalanine Apple experiment.

On the bench:
(Physically) Empty beer bottles,some tubing, and Renaissance festival costume bits. Next to the bench is five gallons (three batches) of craft beer in bottles waiting to go in the fridge, which I have to get tomorrow after work.

(Metaphorically) My CIJ gift: Madcow fiberglass mini Pike, has primer just need some better weather and a day without a headache to sand and paint. Gonna be a fun little rocket.

Let's see... Mac Performance 3" BlackFly (Repaint), Estes AIM-54 Phoenix Missile, Wildman DarkStar Jr., fin repair of my modded Estes Big Daddy, EggTimer EggFinder LCD: Modding case by adding switches for Power, LCD backlight, Lipo charger and programming Menu.

Side note: Eying my inexpensive combo soldering station/rework station in favor of a Hakko FX-951-66. Yeah, maybe for Christmas.................

A two-stager made out of two Madcow Mini DX3's, and "something" to handle the deployments and airstarting.. ;)

Interstage coupler for the 1/2 scale Nike Apache, a gaggle of R3 Wi-Fi cameras being modified, and an SP racing F3 flight computer and associated stuff for another spin of the Vertical Trajectory System I have inching along.

Estes Nike Smoke (needs body tube paint and final assembly)

Estes Hi-Flyer X (needs sanding and paint)

Estes Prowler (needs clear coat)

Estes Protostar (fins on, half fillets done, nose cone, boat-tail and pods cut down and sanded) Going to be a display model fo a family friends child.

LOC 4" Goblin (nose cone sanded, filled, primed, wet sanded, primed, wet sanded, needs a little more filler to finish hiding the seams; fins are beveled (thanks Justin)

I think that's it...for now. :)

Repair X1.4 from gravel impact damage is now on the bench. Dremeled and sanded damaged fin off. Awaiting new 3D print supersonic airfoiled fin.

LOC Iris 3". Just have to drill for rail buttons and then paint. Then buy a rail, engine, and put together a 12V launch controller.

Currently on the bench is an Estes Nike Smoke (the low power one), with a LOC park flyer BBC and a Madcow 2.2” Frenzy in need of paint.

On deck is the Bertha family: Baby, Big, and Super. I’m finally starting to build up my low power fleet!

Nothing yet. Still trying to unearth the bench in the storage container after our move. Maybe before Spring.

Odd'l Rockets F-16 - newly finished, still looking to add some scale missiles to the wing racks

BAR plans/McGraw Stryker - All done except for decals and maybe some missiles as well

Shrox Skonk Wolf - Some paint left and add motor retainer

Estes/Accurate Red Rokjector (Trajector) - All wrapped, need to epoxy motor mount and fins

Estes/Stickershock Orange Max - Paint body orange, add vinyl

Semroc Yung Un Nuke - Primed and ready for paint

Estes Mega der Red Max - Need second fill coat on fins and sand

Squirrel Works Yankee Clipper - Need to finish filling wings

Estes Interceptor-E - Finish attaching Tail Fins and strakes

Semroc MX Orbital Transport - Work on assembling wings/fins

Estes Star Nova - Just opened, working on engine mounts and fins

In for paint re-work:

Estes Optima, Estes Big Daddy, Centuri RX-7, BAR Thunder Goon, Semroc Saki, Semroc Gee'hod

Last edited:
BroncBuster III, my latest scion-> Leviathan refit. Maybe this one will stick around for more than a couple launches

On deck: airborne surveillance missile

Finishing up an Estes Super Alpha from my build stash. Used a little Squadron putty on the nose to take care of the mold seam. Have an application of CWF on the fins followed by a few coats of sanding sealer. I know -- it's old school but I still get nice results. Pretty much a stock build except I moved the launch lug up near the CG and added a length of Kevlar to the shock cord. Just about ready for primer.

--MARK

Back