What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I checked Wikipedia; it's actually hydrazine, N2H4, with one of the hydrogens replaced by a big group of structures. Scary to think how they might make that.
Wow, nitrogenated naphthalene with a hydrazine substituent sounds more like a propellant than a drug. But then, nitroglycerine is also a powerful, fast acting vasodilator (and also possibly in your near future.)

Wow, nitrogenated naphthalene with a hydrazine substituent sounds more like a propellant than a drug. But then, nitroglycerine is also a powerful, fast acting vasodilator (and also possibly in your near future.)
Prognostication complete. :bravo: :awesome::goodjob: Minor chest twinges so I stuck a NG under my tongue about ten minutes ago. Makes a tad queasy and funny head feeling (doesn't really hurt, just pressure feeling). The drill is, if it doesn't clear up in 15 min, do another and call 911.

(20 min later) Seems to be fine. I'm stress-testing by watching Debbie Harry's "French Kissin in the USA" video. On repeat.:D The gal could, as they say, bring it.

Had lunch with the son and grandkids of a club member that passed away in 2011. It was great to see them. They're all excited about rockets. I hope they can make launches.

chelinos.jpg

That's some lock you got there.

Boxed up my knife collection to send them to auction. On another note. Anybody remember an episode of the Avengers when Emma Peel was trapped in a room. She laid nitroglycerin tablets in a line and made a pile near a grate. She hit the line of tablets with her shoe and they blew up. Boy did I have a thing for her and her cat suits.

Looking at train vs. air fares from PartsUnknown to Altoona PA in a couple weeks. Far as I can tell, the CHEAPEST round trip Amtrak fare is over $100 MORE than RT airfare (to Pittsburgh). To be fair I'd have to either whine to have a sibling pick me up in PGH or rent a car. Even so the cost is competitive. Train from Carbondale IL to Altoona is 26 hours and around $360. Air, 2 hours and around $260. Either way I have to rent ($350) or borrow a vehicle. And they don't have the Ferrari 512BB for rent...🤣

Difference on the round trip is TWO full days...no thanks. I'd rather sit in a cramped seat for two hours or so each way, than a roomy seat for around 25 hours each way. "Gonna Fly Now...Flying High Now!!" ;)

Unfortunately for the flight I'll have to rise at Not-Yet-Done-Boozing-Let-Alone-Barfing-Hour, around 1:30am.🤣 An hour to shower, shave, dress, finish packing. A 2+ hour drive to the airport. Sit in the grumble-mutter-obscenities Nashville airport for two hours...

I went through the process of renewing my ham radio license which you have to do every 10 years, and it took three different phone calls to the FCC to try to work it through the system of usernames, passwords, security questions, that were never they're before, and now it costs $35, it use to be free.
We took the two grandsons to the bowling alley and they had a blast as it has a huge arcade section as well. I checked with a lady that does the event scheduling to find out how much it is to rent the big hall as there are six lanes in it and they serve lots of food , has a bar, so that they can use that for a wake after I die.

Had a orthodontist appointment, got rubber bands for my braces, then had a regular dentist appointment and it’s back to school tomorrow.

Went to H & R Block to have our taxes done. We have been seeing the same lady for years. I'll never forget her name. It's Shelby.
We haven't had to file taxes since going on Social Security but now we get a 1099 as we had the $5000 of debt forgiveness, which means we have income outside of the Social Security, so now we have to file taxes... they just keep squeezing more and more and more out of you it's never enough.

Back