What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you need a better glue!

Ps how bad is epoxy if you eat it?
Cured or uncured? Uncured can't be good for you. Cured is more or less inert, at least if you measured carefully and mixed well.

Left work early today because the furniture we ordered for the new house back in early December finally came in. And then took advantage of the extra time to do some more basement workshop work.

Attachments

• IMG_9334.jpeg
    IMG_9334.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9335.jpeg
    IMG_9335.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Met my sister for lunch at Matthews in downtown Tucker, GA. She gave me my father's old Omega Seamaster DeVille and some of my books and CDs that my ex-wife had.

Afterwards, met a Craigslister who sold me a KitchenAid 300 stand mixer, complete with regular beater, scraper beater, dough hook, and whisk. Going to use it to make some bread, cheese cake, and other things before I convert it to a propellant mixer.

Busy weekend. Had some friends come up from the country to visit. Managed to get the lawns mowed and some insulation installed at the new house whilst they were out shopping. Sunday we all went to a gin festival. What you see in the first pic is about 1/4 of the stalls present.
Festival.jpg

Gins.jpg

Great place to sample many of the offerings, but ended up feeling a bit ordinary till the evening.

(Oops did it again- posted in the wrong thread so I have to switch responses around.)

Today I stopped with friends on the way back from the l___ch and had a good dinner- steak chimichanga. It's a little thing but these days I work from home and "don't get out much" as they say.

Last edited:
Played with new microwave ham radio setup. Hours of fun on 3 new bands (13cm, 5cm, 3cm), modes including FM, SSB, and ATV. Ended up with 6 way chat on 3cm transponder, until my battery went flat.

Went to my son's house first spaghetti dinner and picked up my desktop computer which are friend installed a new hard drive and well , I say new hard drive, but the new Western Digital hard drive that I bought from Amazon was DOA, so he had an extra one that he put in.... Came home and hooked everything back up but my mouse and keyboard will not work :(

Went to my son's house first spaghetti dinner and picked up my desktop computer which are friend installed a new hard drive and well , I say new hard drive, but the new Western Digital hard drive that I bought from Amazon was DOA, so he had an extra one that he put in.... Came home and hooked everything back up but my mouse and keyboard will not work :(
Hmm is it giving an error on power up? Can you take a picture of the back with them plugged in?

Wikipedia

Meat processing[edit]​

Potassium nitrate has been a common ingredient of salted meat since antiquity[38] or the Middle Ages.[39] The widespread adoption of nitrate use is more recent and is linked to the development of large-scale meat processing.[6] The use of potassium nitrate has been mostly discontinued because it gives slow and inconsistent results compared to sodium nitrite preparations such as "Prague powder" or pink "curing salt". Even so, potassium nitrate is still used in some food applications, such as salami, dry-cured ham, charcuterie, and (in some countries) in the brine used to make corned beef (sometimes together with sodium nitrite).[40] When used as a food additive in the European Union,[41] the compound is referred to as E252; it is also approved for use as a food additive in the United States[42] and Australia and New Zealand[43] (where it is listed under its INS number 252).[2]

Possible cancer risk[edit]​

Since October 2015, WHO classifies processed meat as Group 1 carcinogen (based on epidemiological studies, convincingly carcinogenic to humans).[44]

In April 2023 the French Court of Appeals of Limoges confirmed that food-watch NGO Yuka was legally legitimate in describing Potassium Nitrate E249 to E252 as a "cancer risk", and thus rejected an appeal by the French charcuterie industry against the organisation.[45]

Food preparation[edit]​

In West African cuisine, potassium nitrate (saltpetre) is widely used as a thickening agent in soups and stews such as okra soup[46] and isi ewu. It is also used to soften food and reduce cooking time when boiling beans and tough meat. Saltpetre is also an essential ingredient in making special porridges, such as kunun kanwa[47] literally translated from the Hausa language as "saltpetre porridge".

In the Shetland Islands (UK) it is used in the curing of mutton to make reestit mutton, a local delicacy.[48]

Back