What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's supposed to rain all day so I doubt if I will get into anything, talked on the ham radio for a while and then played on the internet on YouTube as I discovered the band called "Tool" at a stereo demo so now I am investigating the rest of their music, one heck of a drummer.
Tool is one of my favorites. A talented group for sure, and try to keep up the time signatures that Danny plays.

Been feeling under the weather for the past week.
Covid nasal swab came back negative, and I took the high dose flu shot in late Sept., so I guess it's a bad cold.
Resting a lot, drinking a lot of fluids and playing games on my phone.
Got promoted to Brigadier General in a tank battle game.
1202201532[1].jpg
Many tank crews have sacrificed for this honor.
Sniff.
:D

Last edited:
What Chicago has... it may be good, but I'm reluctant to call it "pizza". It's really a different food. Yes I've been there and had it. Not my cup of tea, but I don't begrudge Chicagoans their love of their home-town food. Likewise, if Cincinnatians (?) can actually enjoy Skyline Chili that's their business. :)
Having taken a slight shot at Chicago there, I want to make up for it by singing the praise of Garrett Popcorn, as I sit here munching on some of it. Their CaramelCrisp is absolutely the best caramel corn in the world, and I say that confidently without having tried every different caramel corn in the world. It has a good light crunch and just the right amount of salt (I can no longer enjoy unsalted caramel corn). Downside: this stuff is like crack, it is very hard to meter one's consumption.

Their signature Garrett Mix (blend of caramel corn and cheese popcorn) is excellent, but I find that the the cheese popcorn doesn't last as long as the caramel corn, so you need to eat it faster. That is not a problem unless you are trying to make it last by not shoving it all in your face at once.

I imagine their other flavors are good too, but for me it's all about the caramel corn. Highly, *highly* recommended.

Bonus: most of their popcorn recently became peanut-safe, which is why we can have it in our house again.

OK, if we're complimenting Chicago food: Salad with a hot dog underneath is easy to laugh about, but a well made Chicago dog is really good. (Which doesn't mean it's not still a salad with a hot dog underneath. :))

OK, if we're complimenting Chicago food: Salad with a hot dog underneath is easy to laugh about, but a well made Chicago dog is really good. (Which doesn't mean it's not still a salad with a hot dog underneath. :))
Forgot about those, *love* a good Chicago dog. Hard to come by around here, unfortunately.

If it's saurkraut instead of coleslaw (cabbage or cabbage, whatever) then it's on every other street corner in New York.

I've heard is said (by Canadians) that Canada has all the best of American high culture, French technology, and English cuisine.

Posted in the wrong place...
If you post something rocketry related (and I know you did because it's in the email) then is posting it also rocketry related? If so, then you're saying you posted in the wrong place, but that's in the wrong place too.

(Never mimd. That was a lie, just like everything else I write.)

I have had a hotdog (as above) but buried in a large Poutine..
I think I shall.... take a pass on that one. :oops:

I was extremely disappointed that when I visited Montreal a few years ago, I failed to score any poutine. I couldn't figure out where was a good place to get it, and whether it was a meal, or a snack, or what exactly... It was embarrassing.

My family did, however, collectively consume a whole lot of really good croissants.

Was in the car, ready. to pull out of the lot, getting ready to go meet my former boss to get some speakers from him at 5pm. He text me asking if we could do it over the weekend. Now this is after we exchanged text at noon confirming that my son would have to leave work and drive to meet us to help load them up. WTF ? You cancel 1/2 hour before the meeting that you already agreed upon?

People, the only source of disappointment on the planet.

"Poutine" is "Poutine" no matter where you go. As long as it is real - fresh cut fries, 'squeaky' cheese (cheese curds), and gravy.

I think they ("To-ronno") are just making a bigger deal out of it, advertising it more.. I think here, it's more of a toned-down thing, something that's typically on a menu, but we don't want to make a big deal of it.. (Like, seriously, do you want to make a big deal out of something where the only 'good' thing is bad cheese?! :D )

Don't judge me.
I judge thee a true organized scratch builder/rocketeer
PS: Amateur!
1220201156[1].jpg

Actually thanks for posting that. I realized I needed to organize my zip loc bags instead of throwing it all into a master bag. No more rummaging through to find the right size for bagging my small parts. ;)

I judge thee a true organized scratch builder/rocketeer
PS: Amateur!
View attachment 443262

Actually thanks for posting that. I realized I needed to organize my zip loc bags instead of throwing it all into a master bag. No more rummaging through to find the right size for bagging my small parts. ;)
I prefer the leave-the-small-parts-in-a-random-place-on-the-workbench-I-need-to-organize method.

There's a compromise to be considered. On the one hand less effective. On the other hand, easier and less time consuming (at the moment of implementation).

I have a bunch of drawers that I organize stuff into, but each drawer is a cluttered mess of items that fit a loosely defined category.

Back