What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fluorescent orange & white are a stand-out combo everywhere. I love that combo on rockets.
This is what I would like to do for my next paint job using fluorescent paints.
Jw32vo3.jpg

Todays excitement was going to the Pharmacy, the Post Office, Home Depot and Walmart. I was at the PO to drop off a couple of pictures I'm sending to my buddy and my parents. Shh. rocket pictures. Home Depot for a roll of heavy paper. Was in and out in 5 minutes. Walmart was for a few grocery items. And then I got to the bakery. I should stay away from bakeries. Muffins, cookies, brownies and donuts. Never walk through a bakery when your a little hungry. I kept telling myself that it would last a week. I hope. We let the kittens out into the garage. A whole new world to explore. First I made it child and animal safe. We are having our carpets and upholstery cleaned Thursday. And all the cats will be in the garage. So they don't freak out Thursday we gave them a taste today. A repeat tomorrow.

Back home. AY (younger daughter) isn't doing great but she's well enough to work from home. Also well enough to tell her dad to "go away, I *LIKE* being alone!" ;) All she needs/wants are the two indoor cats and the two or three outdoor ones. Her "Surgery II" won't be until sometime in January. Hopefully they'll schedule it soon and be able to tell her.

#5 for the year so far. Had the tenderloins for breakfast.
Must be nice, we are allowed one deer per year, and in most areas it must be 3 points or better (at least one antler must have three legal points), and we can only select one season to use the tag. We have to select whether the tag is Archery, Muzzleloader, or Modern Firearm. Some states I have lived in had a one deer per year limit but allowed you to hunt all three seasons if necessary to fill the tag.

In Idaho, Deer and Elk overlapped. I would get a combo tag. Antlered Elk, antlered deer and bear. Bear tag I hoped to never use. We had a guy from our camp shoot a bear. Skinned it was hard to look at. I have never had Bear meat, but I've been told it's not good. For a doe you needed a doe tag. Those were hard to come by. When I was hunting deer I would see Elk. When I was after Elk I would see deer. And they would be out of season. Here in Nevada, forget about it. It takes an act of God to get any tag.
But. Today I bought new glasses. Two pair. One regular and one that focuses about 3' in front of me. I can't see my front sight anymore. So, I got glasses.

You killed Bambi?:eek: What would all the little kids say?:p
"Yummy! Thanks, Dad, you're the best hunter EVER!"

Must be nice, we are allowed one deer per year, and in most areas it must be 3 points or better (at least one antler must have three legal points), and we can only select one season to use the tag. We have to select whether the tag is Archery, Muzzleloader, or Modern Firearm. Some states I have lived in had a one deer per year limit but allowed you to hunt all three seasons if necessary to fill the tag.
Here in the NE, I really wish they'd issue a lot more tags. I don't use them, but the white tails are a freakin' menace. People do talk about hunting as "thinning the herd", but then they put in low-ish bag limits with little or no doe hunting. Taking a buck just means that some other buck gets lucky; if you want to cut the population you have to take the fawn factories. Issue tags for a quarter of the population, and for every big antlered buck you want to put on your man cave wall, you have to take a doe first.

I was actually chosen for the Owatonna City hunt. They are trying to cull the deer population with in the city limits and have opened up the parks to archery for a few people. You must pass an archery test, and then be drawn. You are allowed 5 deer and one can be a buck, but only after you tag a doe.
This pic is one of two Mule Deer I shot in Nov. I have been lucky this year:)

Attachments

• 20221113_152756.jpg
    20221113_152756.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
teepot, we eat bear all the time. It is better than most beef. It all just depends on how it is taken care of after the kill. We bring a freezer up with us, and it is normally quartered and in freezer with in a couple hours of the kill. If you don't, that thick hide and fur, along with it being in Sept and the ground is warm, will cause the fat to leach into the meat. Then it does kind of get funky.

Last edited:
I was actually chosen for the Owatonna City hunt. They are trying to cull the deer population with in the city limits and have opened up the parks to archery for a few people. You must pass an archery test, and then be drawn. You are allowed 5 deer and one can be a buck, but only after you tag a doe.
This pic is one of two Mule Deer I shot in Nov. I have been lucky this year:)
That's a start! We had occasional in-tow shoots like that near where I grew up, but it didn't really do any good, since it covers such a small area and others migrate in from the surroundings. Cull aggressively through the whole county (or state)? They'll still migrate back in. Up here, we need everyplace from, oh, let's say, Virginia, West Virginia and Ohio, up through Maine to all do what Owatonna did, all at once.

Latest posts

Back