What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got in touch with the power chair rep to see if he could bring two other seat cushions for me to try out as the one that they gave me with my new power chair is nowhere near as comfortable as the one at the seating clinic that I tried out

Fibreglass and filler where the metal mice have been chewing my Brumby (Brat). It is rocket related, I guess, because building rockets has shown me that good preparation, taking your time and evaluating each step gives a much better result than just throwing something together.

Now, I just need to convince someone else that rocketry has incredible benefits that improve life for everyone in the house... 🤔

Currently on the bus headed to the start line of the Triple Bypass Gran Fondo (bike ride). 106 miles and 10.4k ft climbing (topping out just under 12k ft ASL) between Evergreen and Vail, Colorado. This should be a right challenge for an 85 Kg flatlander who lives at 500 ft ASL.

Positive waves welcomed...
1660992824663.png

Last edited:
Jumped on the bike for a ride on a creek trail with SWMBO and the BIL and SIL. First time on the bike since my big crash (11 rib breaks, smashed collarbone, dislocated shoulder) ages ago. Good to get back in the saddle. Perfect sunny winter day and 12degC. Spent a couple of hours on the bikes getting them ready for the ride as they hadn't been ridden for nearly a year.

I finished the cat box cabinet. I also continued what I started yesterday. Which was clean guns.. I cleaned 2 rifles and a shotgun yesterday. They had been sitting for a long time. So it was preventive maintenance. Today I did the initial cleaning of my FNX 45. Now it's ready to shoot. Here are some pictures of the cabinet. It's 4' long, 2' wide and 2' tall. It was stained and sprayed with clear. Then I polished it with furniture past wax. It also has wheels at the corners.20220820_133728[4524].jpg20220820_133854[4525].jpg20220820_133918[4526].jpg

Positive waves welcomed...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((+))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((+))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Crashed at the 85 mile mark. Was still able to limp to finish, but gonna need some x-rays. Did a full somersault over the bars and pancaked down an embankment on the right side of my back...ribs are not good. Comfortable my lungs are fine,so driving home now to make those x-rays in network.

Also,wreck was 100% my fault, no excuse, just a bonehead move brought on by a break in concentration.. Other person involved and his bike were miraculously unscathed. He also granted me far more grace than I deserved. Not one harsh word (and I deserved quite a few), just concern for my wellbeing. Just an excellent example of humanity.

From before the crash:

Attachments

• 20220820_115646.jpg
    20220820_115646.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Crashed at the 85 mile mark. Was still able to limp to finish, but gonna need some x-rays. Did a full somersault over the bars and pancaked down an embankment on the right side of my back...ribs are not good. Comfortable my lungs are fine,so driving home now to make those x-rays in network.
Sounds like you need to just stick to rocketry😜, that cycling is too dangerous.

(Yesterday evening) Did my 3+ mile walk, which is SO much more enjoyable now that I'm off blood thinner (Brilinta). Not only can I walk briskly but I don't need to stop 3-5 times to catch my breath. Bottom of left foot felt like there might be something in the shoe but it wasn't really bothersome. Until I got home and took off shoe and sock. My feet esp. toes are numb from diabetes. Discovered that the "minor discomfort" was a blister about the size of an old silver dollar. And it had opened. :oops::(

Taking an antibiotic as a precautionary measure, and I'll see the MD tomorrow to get an additional scrip if necessary, plus whatever else he recommends. Foot problems + diabetes can be serious. It's the first time I've had a serious issue with my feet, apart from the numbness, so I have that going for me...

In other news...Smudge the kitten is about three months now and appears to have adopted us permanently. He nudged his way into the bathroom whilst I was taking a leak. And he jumped up on the lid whoops, lid and seat were up, not down... 🤣

["A cat will jump onto a hot stove. Once. Thereafter he will never again jump onto a hot stove. Nor, for that matter, onto a cold one." -- paraphrased from Mark Twain]

(Yesterday evening) Did my 3+ mile walk, which is SO much more enjoyable now that I'm off blood thinner (Brilinta). Not only can I walk briskly but I don't need to stop 3-5 times to catch my breath. Bottom of left foot felt like there might be something in the shoe but it wasn't really bothersome. Until I got home and took off shoe and sock. My feet esp. toes are numb from diabetes. Discovered that the "minor discomfort" was a blister about the size of an old silver dollar. And it had opened. :oops::(

Taking an antibiotic as a precautionary measure, and I'll see the MD tomorrow to get an additional scrip if necessary, plus whatever else he recommends. Foot problems + diabetes can be serious. It's the first time I've had a serious issue with my feet, apart from the numbness, so I have that going for me...

In other news...Smudge the kitten is about three months now and appears to have adopted us permanently. He nudged his way into the bathroom whilst I was taking a leak. And he jumped up on the lid whoops, lid and seat were up, not down... 🤣

["A cat will jump onto a hot stove. Once. Thereafter he will never again jump onto a hot stove. Nor, for that matter, onto a cold one." -- paraphrased from Mark Twain]
Years ago I had a dog that would jump up on the hot tub cover to bark at the neighbors when they came to their backyard.

Well, one day my dad decided he had had enough of this and removed the cover before going to visit with them.

I can see Anza now, sopping wet and reeking of chloramine….

Our boy cat did this once. Much splashing around in water and pee. Hands down the funniest thing I have seen that cat do. Now he looks carefully before jumping on the lid for a pat.

Also,wreck was 100% my fault, no excuse, just a bonehead move brought on by a break in concentration.. Other person involved and his bike were miraculously unscathed. He also granted me far more grace than I deserved. Not one harsh word (and I deserved quite a few), just concern for my wellbeing. Just an excellent example of humanity.

From before the crash:
I wanted to 😒 the crash and injury, but then you described the other guy's outcome and reaction to you, and I wanted to 👍 it. Only one reaction is allowed for a post. :dontknow:

partial, well 1 fake front tooth fell on the floor and I couldn't see where it went so I moved my power chair 6 inches backwards and heard it snap and break the tooth part off.🤬😡😩

Latest posts

Back